Xibo Player stops working and show black screen

Hi Everyone,

I have several displays.
This problem occurs on all screens, but not all together, sometimes one, sometimes another. Once it happened to many, it was when there was a generalized failure of connection.
Xibo Player Version: 1.7.4
Version OS: Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10

The screens are working correctly, and apparently the black screen occurs when there is a connection problem, but when the connection is restored, the screens are still failing and not reconnected, even if the connection either correct. Only know they are going well and when I find them already with black screen, I could not find the screens at the time the fault happens.

I read the similar topics:

But no find a solution in these topics.

The screenshot

I take the screenshot through Team Viewer, so the connection in this moment is Ok.
Why not the player regains its connection?

Thank you for your help

César

So one thing to consider would be to upgrade the CMS / client to 1.7.6 versions

As for black screen - what’s on the layout? I assume webpage/embedded media types?

So Xibo clients, are designed to work 24/7, even offline, but not if they need to show webpage/ embedded media type, in the newest versions they should skip webpages if they can’t display them (offline) other content should be played from cache (assuming that client was able to download it before it went offline).

All the web exceptions, it seems it does have a hard time reconnecting to your CMS.
What is your collection interval set to?
If you try to restart the player, what happens then?

All the web exceptions, it seems it does have a hard time reconnecting to your CMS.
What is your collection interval set to?
If you try to restart the player, what happens then?

Hi Peter, thanks for your reply

The layouts havent webpage/embebed media type, only have jpg images and mp4 vídeos, strictly.
The Xibo Player work very good when is offline, completly disconnected. But this error occurs (apparently) when the connection failed at some time. So is difficult replycated this error.

I do not know what to answer here. I have layouts that contain pictures and videos, these are scheduled to run all day from 00:00 to 23:55, repeated daily until the date of withdrawal, each with a number of different execution order.

The Xibo Player work fine again.
Yes, restart the player solved the problem, but I not know when this occurs, not appears an windows event to catch.

Attach an registry of this error, which screen was affected “Proyecto”, the error “Pantalla negra” (black screen) and when it registered.
issues.pdf (96.0 KB)

Migrating to version 1.7.6, solve this problem?

Thank you Peter.

Hi,

I changed the version of all displays to 1.7.7, and the error occurs again.
The difference is that now not crash.
I installed in the displays a program that make a screenshot each 5 minutes, by this i found than the error happened between 17:51hs and 17:56hs of 24/05/2016

I download the erro log of Xibo player, and, at the indicated time, the error is:

UI Thread|24/05/2016 05:56:41 p.m.|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: El proceso no puede obtener acceso al archivo ‘C:\Users\XiboClient\Documents\Xibo Library\90.xlf’ porque está siendo utilizado en otro proceso.
UI Thread|24/05/2016 05:56:41 p.m.|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Layout Change to C:\Users\XiboClient\Documents\Xibo Library\90.xlf failed. Exception raised was: El proceso no puede obtener acceso al archivo ‘C:\Users\XiboClient\Documents\Xibo Library\90.xlf’ porque está siendo utilizado en otro proceso.

This log says that the process not have access to the file 90.xlf.
But, when I restart Xibo Player, this display work well again.

Any suggestion about this new data?

Thanks
Best Regards
César

Is your CMS 1.7.7 as well?
It should be and if it is, please make sure you have fully qualified path to the CMS library in CMS settings. (library location section here Xibo CMS Post-Installation Setup Guide)

Other than that, the error - do you have any anti virus, other software that is accessing your player local library?
It seems something is accessing it and causing issues.

One other thing, you might want to check this rather lengthy topic - Upgrade to v 1.7.7 -> daily or sometimes hourly client freezes it might be similar problem to what you’re experiencing.