Topic to collect thoughts and feedback on what Interactive Signage should be available within Xibo. We have two main thoughts at present:
Touch Screen Interaction
UPDATE: This will be developed in 1.9
Providing a mechanism in Xibo for defining click-able areas and then a way to respond to those clicks and do certain things.
- Counter Module
- Loading new items into a region
- Loading a new Playlist (#1) into a region
- Moving forwards and backwards in the schedule
- Loading an entire layout
- Resuming the interrupted region / layout from exactly where it was (mid video for example)
Event Driven Actions
UPDATE: Event Driven Actions are available through the API in 1.8 series of Xibo.
Provide a mechanism to respond to outside events, these could be generated by a helper application for each type of event.
- An example could be a signal received over a COM port
- A socket connection
- Listening to a HTTP page for a change in status (perhaps consuming a JSON string)
- Responding to removable media being plugged in (playback without a connected CMS)
- Listening to XMDS for instructions to do something