Introducing the Layout Designer in v2

The Layout Designer gives you design flexibility and is at the heart of content creation in Xibo!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.xibo.org.uk/introducing-the-v2-layout-designer/

The best new feature ist the “expiry date”!! so helpful not to create new layouts only if one widget is expired. Thanks!!

If i set the expiry date beginning in the future and the ending also it starts directly?
It works if i set the beginnning in the past and the ending either past or future.

Yours Mark

Expiry dates allow you to set a date in the future as well as determining ‘end’ times. The Widget will only be visible during the timeframe set. :smiley:

Hi am using xibo cloud and i made upgrade to version 2.0.0 and i can’t find myself in new layout design is a bit complicated

Please do take a look at our User Manual in particular the Layout Designer section which will give an overview of the features and navigation.

We have a guide on how to create a simple Layout using V2 in our Guides category:

Beat me to it… I’ve upgraded my local 1.8.10 install to 2.0.0 and after messing around with the designer for an hour or so, I just gave up!! Rolled back to previous version.
I understand ‘major overhaul/update’ but…idk, I guess as far as usability or UI/UX, could be improved.

Still love Xibo and will keep using it. Looking forward to future improvements!

I know that the comminuty work so hard for delivering a great product , but for the moment i still love the previous version cause it simple to use in v 2.0.0 we have a timeline which is great idea , just need more time to adapte

Thanks

I would love to hear more about your thoughts on the Layout designer and v2 changes. Are there any areas/features in particular you are having issues with? What would you suggest would improve usability for you?