Introducing the Layout Designer in v2

The Layout Designer gives you design flexibility and is at the heart of content creation in Xibo!

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://blog.xibo.org.uk/introducing-the-v2-layout-designer/
2 Likes

The best new feature ist the “expiry date”!! so helpful not to create new layouts only if one widget is expired. Thanks!!

If i set the expiry date beginning in the future and the ending also it starts directly?
It works if i set the beginnning in the past and the ending either past or future.

Yours Mark

Expiry dates allow you to set a date in the future as well as determining ‘end’ times. The Widget will only be visible during the timeframe set. :smiley:

Hi am using xibo cloud and i made upgrade to version 2.0.0 and i can’t find myself in new layout design is a bit complicated

1 Like

Please do take a look at our User Manual in particular the Layout Designer section which will give an overview of the features and navigation.

We have a guide on how to create a simple Layout using V2 in our Guides category:

Beat me to it… I’ve upgraded my local 1.8.10 install to 2.0.0 and after messing around with the designer for an hour or so, I just gave up!! Rolled back to previous version.
I understand ‘major overhaul/update’ but…idk, I guess as far as usability or UI/UX, could be improved.

Still love Xibo and will keep using it. Looking forward to future improvements!

I know that the comminuty work so hard for delivering a great product , but for the moment i still love the previous version cause it simple to use in v 2.0.0 we have a timeline which is great idea , just need more time to adapte

Thanks

I would love to hear more about your thoughts on the Layout designer and v2 changes. Are there any areas/features in particular you are having issues with? What would you suggest would improve usability for you?

We have recently released 2.0.2 which includes some changes to the v2 Layout Designer. It would be great to hear your feedback on this :+1:

after update to version 2.1.0 I cant creat Layouts that’s what I got from it erro. Do someone have solution for this ?