Xibo screensaver ONE-TIME-ONLY behavior

Hi Xibo Community & Devs,

I am having issues in setting Xibo as screensaver of our users’ PCs.

It works at the first time the screensaver comes out, and it successfully displays the updated layout I made, but here’s the catch, the “Xibo.src *32” client remains on the processes causing for the screensaver to not comeback again.

The behavior should be:

PC idle for 1min > Xibo screensaver comes out > move mouse or type in the keyboard > screensaver stops > when PC is idle again for 1min > Xibo screensaver comes out again > and so on.

But what happens to my PCs:

PC idle for 1min > Xibo screensaver comes out the first time > move mouse or type in the keyboard > screensaver stops > when PC is idle again for 1min > Xibo screensaver won’t come back again.

And I observed, that when the “Xibo.scr *32” is in the processes the Xibo screensaver doesn’t come back. But when I manualy END TASK the process, the xibo screensaver works again.

I think the normally, the “xibo.scr *32 process” should be automatically terminated when screensaver stops right? But why does it remain in the processes?

I will still do some other tests,
Do you also experience this issue?

Thank you guys,

Could you confirm player and system versions please?

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the late reply, I just came from a vacation,
Here are the versions,

• Xibo client - latest version 1.8.8
  • Xibo server - installed in our linux server - Version 1.8.2
  • Our machines: Windows 7

Thank you for the reply Peter, if you need more details please just let me know, we still haven’t figured out the resolution for the issue, but we are currently doing some tests.

I can confirm that the process stays on Windows 10 as well, and perhaps you’re correct, perhaps it should be terminated, that being said it still seems to work as expected for me here.

Screensaver is still working even though the process is still active?

Update:

I also did an testing of the screensaver feature using a machine which is not connected to our DOMAIN, this is to test if one of our policies is interfering with the screensaver, but still, the screensaver is not coming back after 1 time of working.

Is there any chance that our Xibo server is causing the issue since it is not update?

Currently we have:

• Client Version: 1.8.8

• Server version: 1.8.2

Thank you Peter for assisting me with my concern, the community is really awesome!

@Peter, do you think that the different Client and server versions on our current setup is affecting the behavior of the screensaver?

Thank you,

I don’t think so, no - generally it is best to use the newest released version, but I don’t think this is what’s causing this particular problem.

It could be perhaps more related to the Windows version.

Could you please confirm for me which Windows 10 is it? Home, pro etc?

@Peter

• Windows 10 Pro
  • Windows 7 Professional

both in 64-bit.

I don’t have a way to test on Windows 7 right now, but Windows 10 Pro seems to work well on for me.

Actually the process gets correctly closed and re-opened after the set interval of inactivity has passed on the laptop with W10 Pro.

@dan do we think we could somehow improve how the .scr works ensure it correctly closes the process and reopen? :thinking:

Was this ever escalated? I can’t seem to get the screensaver to work properly on both Windows 10 and 7… Same problem on Windows 7 as jcmacalindol and with Windows 10 I get an unusable black screen after exiting the screensaver.

Piggybacking off of Will’s follow-up last month: I have an identical issue. I’ve described it in detail on his original post Black screen with mouse