Video Wall support

Hi

Is there any possibility of achieving video wall using xibo ?

Thank you

Hi,

I am using XIBO with a mini pc attached video wall without any problem.

Thank you ozgursedefoglu :slight_smile: Are you using any specific hardware to achieve this ?

while the video wall is set up like a single monitor will have no problem.

I use it in a 40m2 LED screen without any problem, although in this case picks up less screen showing the pc.

In a 2x2 videowall with Matrox card, it works without problem;)

Thank you Hector :slight_smile: Are you using any additional hardware device for achieving this ?

No, only matrox card with 6 outputs. 4 screens configured as a single monitor. the resolution is 3840 x 2160 (1920x2 and 1080x2).

The player is set to that resolution, like Layouts :wink:

1 Like

Thank you Hector :slight_smile: We will try it out

No special hardware needed Diljith.

Hi,
Could you please help me in step by step configuration. Im trying to configure a videowall with windows PC. Thanks

Hi,

Could you please explain how you are doing it without using any hardware ?

Ohh. I mean, no “special” hardware needed. I use this https://www.asus.com/ASUS_VivoPC/VivoMini_UN62/ as a mini pc. VW is set up like a single monitor. You can also split screens via Xibo using normal layout-region capabilities.

1 Like

If you want to do with mini pc, you need a TV with video wall function. They are professional models ready to 24x7, and use a link between them. It is set on the screen, and given the signal to the TV first only.

If not, an external card Matrox TripleHead type, with outputs that you need for your videowall.

how can i use multiple displays and form them into a video wall? Is there any setup in xibo to do that? How did u manage to do with multiple LCD/LED displays? Please help with step by step procedure. Thanks…

If you want a 4x4 video wall display solution then ideally you can do it with any Asus / Gigabyte motherboard with Intel 87 or 97 chipset / Intel Core i3 Processor (4th Generation) 16 GB Memory / 180 GB SSD - preferably Intel Brand / Matrox C420 Graphics card which has 4 x display ports output (you can use any displayport to HDMI Converter) , Corsair 450 Watts Power supply and a decent Tower Casing. That’s it. Nothing else. Just setup the windows O/S and install the Matrox Software (which you will have to download after registering your card ) and here you go …your 2 x 2 video wall is ready.
If there is any problem, you can ask me.

Can this video wall work with 1x4?

With Windows Player, Xibo will run on anything you can span a single Windows desktop over.

So if with the hardware you have, you can create a single Windows desktop that spans 4 screens in one line then you can configure Xibo to run on that shape screen too. It all depends on the hardware.

Keep in mind if you’re going to be running that many screens at 1080p from a single graphics card, you’ll need lots of video memory on the card too.

1x4 video wall screen resolution design 1x1080, 4x1920 been set so as to 1080x7680?
Is he just will not Xibo error?

As I said before if your graphics hardware is capable of dealing with a single windows desktop of that resolution then you can configure the Xibo player to fill that screen size.

My player is currently running on a 3x3 video wall, made up of 9 LG Screens

Player spec;
3x GTX970 GFX cards
32GB Ram
Intel i7 CPU

9 Independent screens setup as extended desktop with the player resized to 5760x3240
Layout set with 9 regions for independent screen control + one global region for full wall display mode

1 Like

2 Likes