Video Wall support

Looking at the post above you are able to set an extended desktop of 5760x3240 in windows display controls?
I thought this was only possible using Nvidia Quadro Mosaic?

Looking at the picture you can show full screen content, then are you able to play 9 individual videos at 1080p on each screen?
Can this be configured as a playlist to swap between the two configurations in an automatically?

Thanks

This was a FULL sized image (5760x3240) It looked fantastic!
I’ve also got an image of the screens being used as 9 separate regions displaying a mix of 1080p movies and image (Upload next)

If you setup two layers you can switch between the two.

2 Likes

Odd resolutions due to using windows sample pictures! However, everything that fills the screen is a full 1080x1920p video

1 Like

Wow! That’s impressive. I’m going to need to setup something similar in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks for the post.

I’d like to make a 2x2 videowall using 40" TV Samsung UE 40F6400
and Intel NUC PC.
Can I use Xibo and only one PC to get a videowall functionality, or should I use a 4x mini PC (one for each monitor/TV)?

Thanks and regards!

You definitely can’t use 4 mini PCs. You need all 4 screens connected to a single PC - so if your NUC has 4 graphics outputs then it should be possible. If not, you’ll need to use a matrix scaler to take a single 1080p output from your NUC and scale it over the 4 TVs.

I have my PC setup with multiple graphics cards and Windows extended desktop setup in a video wall configuration.
Problem I’m finding is when the content launches it only appears on one of the screens even when I have set my resolution to what would be the native size of the whole wall.
How do I get the content to stretch over the whole wall?

Thanks

My best guess would be that you have not setup a Design Resolution in the CMS. If you have not done that then I would start there. Followed by creating a layout using the Design Resolution you create.

HI

I have a Windows with 3 screens (1280x720) which makes Ă  total screen of 3840x720.
On this machine I have à player with a profile, and it works, I can display à vidéo on the 3 screens.
Is there a limit in displaying videos with high resolutions ? Will XIBO be able to display à vidéo with a resolution of 3840x720 or will it be wisely to reduce this video to 2560x480 or 1280x240 ?

I also use this this player with another layout, with 3 areas, to display 3 videos on the 3 screens.
Will XIBO display 3 videos with a resolution of 1920x1080 ?
At the end of of 1 of the 3 playlists “his” screen will turn black while waiting for the end of the other playlists. How to avoid black screens at the end of a playlist while waiting for the other ones ?

Thanks

Will I be able to set this up using something like this: 3X3 Multi-Format Video Wall Processor
SMARTAVI - Model: EZW3X3-S? Where I can change each one of the 9 screens (zones) individually, and if so, can they be scheduled to change at certain intervals?

The processor was will scale a 1080p / 4K etc image. This is not the correct method you need

Hi,
For a 1x4 screen with a resolution of 4x1920 by 1080 on Windows player with ver. 1.7.8, I faced 3 issues:
1- H264 not support this resolution
2- After changing to Quicktime (mp4) format, I can not play it. It shows blank screen
3- I couldn’t manage the bezels in the screen.

My PC has Quadro P600 with 4 mini DP output.
Please advise

I’m not sure what you mean by H264 not support that resolution. As far as I’m aware you can encode a video using H264 to any pixel size you want.

Quicktime will only play if Windows Media Player is able to play that format. Normally you’d have to install codecs for that to happen.

Xibo has no direct support for video walls as I mentioned. You may be able to account for bezels in your Windows display settings by adding a gap between the screens there, or in your graphics card driver.

Certainly cards that are designed for that use have specific settings for bezel correction.

As I am aware, H264 supports only up to 4096×2304. H264 is the standard codec for MP4. My project is 7680x1080. The video cannot be encode in that resolution.
For Quicktime, I rendered it in MP4 compression. But High resolutions cannot be played in the Xibo.
Do I made some mistakes?
I also managed to split the files in 4 pieces and create for regions, but do to lack of sync, I rejected it.

Xibo doesn’t play back your video. Windows Media Player does, so if there’s a limitation there on the size of a video Windows Media Player can play, then Xibo will have the same limitation.

h.264 is an encoding method.
MP4 is the container.
I don’t get what you’ve converted and how.

You can render at any resolution you want - WMP handles most resolutions with ease. If it looks choppy/black/crap your graphics card and cpu are probably under powered (Expensive cards don’t make them the correct cards
)

Bezel correction can be done using the Nvidea control panel

Hi Hector - Could you please provide some insights into how did you integrate Matrox card with XIBO player?

Do you manage your content using XIBO CMS? How did you integrate XIBO player and Matrox hardware configurations for the display output?

Basically you need to setup the video card to “group” their outputs to span them into a single desktop. The GPU must have this feature in order to allow Xibo work in videowalls with total resolution. This feature is called Mosaic by Nvidia and Eyefinity by AMD. I dont know what’s the name used by Matrox, but most of multi-outputs cards of them have that feature as well. After doing that, Windows will recognize the videowall as a single screen with the resolution of the sum of each monitor’s resolution instead several monitors (need to be equal monitors). When you run Xibo Client on this computer, it will span across all screen. Then, you need to setup the new resolution on Xibo CMS and create your layouts from that. I have setup many videowall this way and manage the content with Xibo.

3 Likes

Gorgeous install :smiley:

Uaauuu Optiart and LG top installation.

Is this possible using a android player, outputting one graphic signal to a matrix scaler, and the matrix scaler do all the work of send the signal to the screens?