No Video Windows Home 10 N

Hello there,

We are using some Zotac Zbox PI330 series which have windows home 10 N installed on it. The problem is i can’t get the video working. I’ve tried VLC and K-lite and every works fine outside xibo but when xibo starts i get a black screen.

The log:

UI Thread|17-2-2017 14:47:45|Error|Region - Eval Options|Unable to create new video object: Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
UI Thread|17-2-2017 14:47:45|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: Unable to set and start a media node
UI Thread|17-2-2017 14:47:45|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Layout Change to C:\Users\woome\Documents\Xibo Library\16.xlf failed. Exception raised was: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: Unable to set and start a media node

Anyone an idea?

Thanks in advance

What durations do you have on your layout please?

Is it a video uploaded to the CMS or are you using local video module?

Hello Peter,

I made a test-layout with one video (mp4), duration 63 seconds. The video is uploaded to CMS en the client has downloaded it. So i guess i’m using local video module

If it was uploaded to the CMS, then you’re using regular video module.

I believe that this:

Is most likely the problem, from what I’ve read the N version comes without window media player and it needs to be installed manually - you can download that from Microsoft.

Please do that and then try again to play your layout in Xibo.

That’s true. I did that immediately. But no succes. That’s why i tried K-lite/VLC

Found the solution. Used KB3010081. Installed KB3099229 and the problem is solved.

KB3099229 can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53356