API Call through Postman

we are doing the same. Can you please confirm the version of zeroMQ to be used as we are using the php 5.5.12 version. I think it may be a issue of version compatibility.

can you please explain what functionality will not work, if we don’t have ZeroMQ configured on our server?
We are asking this because we are still not able to configured in on our server.

Request screenshot - although it will work via xmds (same as older versions) in the next release - https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo/issues/1186

Other player actions listed here http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/xmr.html

Hello Peter,

Now, We have successfully configured the xibo CMS. Can you please share the list of APIs that is available with xibo 1.8.1?

API documentation is here http://xibo.org.uk/manual-tempel/api/

It’s also linked in my API introduction guide.

I am trying to use Display Edit API to update the below parameters

• Display Name
  • Display Description
  • Default Layout
  • Licensed
  • Email Alert

URL: {{url}}/api/display/3
Passing Values

displayId:3
display:NewDisplayName_API
description:NewDisplayDescription_API
defaultLayoutId:1
licensed:1
emailAlert:1

it gives me below error

{
“error”: {
“message”: “Can not have a display without a name”,
“code”: 422,
“data”: {
“property”: “name”
}
}
}

Ca you please suggest what i am doing wrong in it.

You will need to pass all required parameters ie:

You also do not pass displayId again it’s only passed in the call path.

All edit calls also need to be x-www-form-urlencoded

We are able to call display edit API. When we create the a user group from CMS front end, CMS asks me following inputs.

• Name
  • Library Quota
  • Receive System Notifications?

We want to create a user group through API. But we have only copy user group API not add user group API. Kindly suggest…

Correct it’s not documented yet.

The GET userGroup call is wrong in the documentation it should be GET /group
as for post:

That being said I’d highly advise to use web ui to assign ACL to the userGroup

We are able to call user group create API. Thanks for your support.

We are trying to call the “Assign one or more Displays to a Display Group” API. But receiving nothing in response. Below is the postman screenshot. Kindly suggest if we are doing some thing wrong here.

We are not able to location any API to “Assign one or more users to a user Group”. Kindly confirm if we have this type of api available for xibo.

Assign displays to displayGroup (in this example we will assign 2 displays to displayGroupId 9)

[] there is important and I believe that’s what you were missing.

There will be nothing in the response I believe as there is no content, the response code should be 204 and obviously those displays should be assigned to the displayGroup.

Assign users to userGroup, that’s not documented yet, but should work in a very similar way to the above displayGroup example.

In this example we will assign one user to userGroup (id11)

Hope that will be helpful.

Thanks for your support.

We are also trying to see how many times & what time my displays were down.
can i get the these details through API or database?

For example, i want to see whether my devices were down today if yes, then i want to see the start time & end time of display down. There may be multiple occurrence of display down, I want to see the all occurrence.

It would be best to set up the CMS maintenance and email alerts, please see corresponding section in the following topic - Xibo CMS Post-Installation Setup Guide

We are now trying to call the User Group Search API. But its not working. Below is the screenshot

As I said.

Oh, I got it. I am able to call the API.

Now i am trying to get all unlicensed display through display search API. I am able to successfully call the API. However result is not correct. API return me all the displays. Below is the screenshot

it’s not licensed it’s authorised - Swagger UI

ie

We are not able to locate the API following purpose.

“Display permission assign to user group”. Suppose we have a Display with ID 3 & i want to assign the permission on this display to a user group with id 5.

Kindly suggest the API for the same.

Kindly suggest if we have a API for “Display permission assign to user group”.