2 windows clients wont stay on right monitor

Hello,

I am pretty new to this but learning quickly.

I have 2 different instances of the windows clients running with different unique numbers and followed the instructions here http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_windows_client_multiple.html and here Multi Client Installation Problem

so they both appear to be working but they are not staying on the correct monitor…how do i fix that ?

I have done the proper searching with people just using a position for their windows, for some reason my clients do not have that option…

thanks
Chris

Hi Chris051873,

If I understand this correct, you have 2 windows clients on the same pc with 2 monitors.

And the problem you facing is that it is only displaying on one monitor. I have faced this challenge before and did allot of reading and only when you face and solve these issues do you realise how awesome xibo really is.

Ok the issue you facing can be resolved by creating custom profiles for the screens. The default profiles are Android and Windows.

So create new profiles e.g. Left and right

The reason for this is that you are going to set the resolution and the co-ordinates of the displays.
e.g
Lets say you using a resolution of 1920 x 1080
So profile left will be set to 1920 x 1080 and the left pixel will be on 0.

Then profile right you will set the resolution to 1920 x 1080 and the left pixel to 1920

This is based on your display settings assuming the left display is your primary display, and the display settings is set to span.

NB: Depending on your setup it is advisable to set the resolution and not leave it on 0 as it will take up the entire screen. I had this issue when I used eyefinity and the client that had the resolution set to 0 (Which means max resolution) would take up all the space.

Hope this helps, all the best

thanks, worked like a charm.

now to dig in.

well i thought things were ok, here i just found the settings you speak of at that time.

in actual use, both shortcuts just want to go to main screen.

I can not give each one their own key, if i change one, they both change.

what else should i look at ?

As described here http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_windows_client_multiple.html

You will need to have a shortcut to the second player with o argument (to open player options)

then you will be able to change the hardware key on the second player and connect it to the CMS as a separate display, therefore you will be able to assign different display profile to it (with offset and size).

hello Peter and thanks for the information.

yes, i have done all the above already with no luck. however i failed to notice and comment that we also have Ultramon installed. So between setting the shortcut to open on this monitor only and rebooting the PC something took care of it…

strange but true.

thank you again for the reply.

Chris

ok well here we go again…

the monitors are starting on the correct screen now, but now only one will start, if i start the other it will never open…

each has its own key, each has its own shortcut

i am open for suggestions

help lol

thanks
Chris

Are they starting on correct monitor or is the second player not starting at all? As that’s not quite clear from your post.

When you try to open second player, do you see any error? If you’d open Windows task manager is there an active process for the second player?

Hi peter.

Yes, they start on the correct monitor when I start each one separately.

There is only one instance running in the task manager, and when I start the other it gets as far as the splash screen and disappears.

I can take screenshots shortly if you would like.

Thanks
Chris

well, i have tried reinstall xibo 2 and still get the same problem…

it will only run one instance of the viewer…

peter,
i think i used the reply button wrong, sorry about that…

anyway, i am still having issues and am still looking for assistance.

thanks
Chris

Hi Chris,

Looks like we are experiencing the same issue.

somewhat the same…

i can only get one client to run at a time.No matter what i have done i get one of them running and go to other screen to start the other and it will just give me the splash screen and disappear…

I have 2 profiles, they start on the right screen if i start each one on its own…

I just cant seem to run them both at the same time…not sure what else i can try at this point.

waiting on that special someone to assist me and let me know what i have done wrong lol

I still need some assistance in figuring out my issue so i wanted to bring this back to the top so it did not get lost…

I do not know why i cannot run 2 instances of xibo viewer.

If one is starting up and then immediately closing, I’d suggest the two executables have the same name.

Did you rename them per the guide for installing multiple Players on the same computer? If they’re both called XiboClient.exe, even if they’re in different folders, that won’t work.

Similarly, you need to ensure both Players have different display settings profiles to ensure they run their internal webservers on different ports, and start at the correct position on the screen.

Hi Alex,

first and foremost, thank you for the reply and the needed help to my issue.

yes, they are in different folders and yes they have different names as per the instructions when running 2 different clients.
they are renamed as XiboClient.exe and XiboClient2.exe

and also have different keys in each of the configurations.

both are using different display profiles, along with the correct screen dimensions to start at.

if i start one it starts and runs on correct screen, if i close it and start the other it starts and runs on the correct screen.

My issue is just getting them both to run, a agree it seems as if they are both pointing to the same .exe but i have verified this multiple times.

let me know if you would like screen shots or something to assist me in the cure.

thanks
Chris

Does the watchdog report anything?

What versions are you running?

You need to ensure that you change the internal webserver port in one of the two display profiles as well, otherwise they will clash there. Just add one to the number that’s already there in one of them.

the watchdog report anything?
can you clarify on how to check this, i have seen the icon but have never seen it do anything different then just an icon.

client version is 1.8.2

the web server port both had 9696 in it,I changed one of them to to 9697, but will not be able to test for a couple of hours to check and see if this resolved it yet, i will report back shortly with the answer.

thanks
Chris

If you double click on the watchdog icon, it should show you any log messages generated in the status screen.

Hi alex,

there were no messages in the watchdog.

but i can tell you all i changed was the port and everything is running fine now.

maybe include that in the instructions for running more than one instance of the viewer ?

thanks for your help sir !!!

Chris