XMR problems with XMR using Docker with remote database

We are using XIBO 1.8.11 but its seems that in our environment XMR is not working.

We see

"Player action refused by XMR (connected but XMR returned false) " in logs everytime that try to reconfigure XMR.

We haven’t been able to gather any screenshot or fire automatic layout update.

Any other log that we could use?

log.pdf (48.5 KB)

We do not get an error on player neither on “config screen profile” save action.

Thank you in advance

The error you have means that the CMS can’t connect to the XMR server.

Please post the docker-compose configuration you’re using for this.

version: “2.1”

services:
cms-xmr:
image: xibosignage/xibo-xmr:release-0.7
ports:
- “9505:9505”
restart: always
env_file: config.env
mem_limit: 256m
cms-web:
image: xibosignage/xibo-cms:release-1.8.11
volumes:
- “./shared/cms/custom:/var/www/cms/custom”
- “./shared/backup:/var/www/backup”
- “./shared/cms/web/theme/custom:/var/www/cms/web/theme/custom”
- “./shared/cms/library:/var/www/cms/library”
- “./shared/cms/web/userscripts:/var/www/cms/web/userscripts”
restart: always
links:
- cms-xmr:50001
environment:
- XMR_HOST=cms-xmr
ports:
- “8081:80”
env_file: config.env
mem_limit: 2g

(I also noted that CMS log shows that there is a component that can’t access external images uploaded on a web site… not sure if related)

(port change to 8081 has been done to start docker with an already existing apache install, we also use an external mysql, to avoid extra resource consumption and reuse current backup strategy.)

I also tried to telnet cms-xmr 50001 and something responded.

I’ve cloned to a testing environment, and this is the problem I got when I try to rekey XMR.

Registro de XMR inválido
#0 /var/www/cms/lib/Controller/Display.php(1005): Xibo\Service\PlayerActionService->sendAction(Array, Object(Xibo\XMR\RekeyAction))
#1 [internal function]: Xibo\Controller\Display->edit(‘73’)
#2 /var/www/cms/vendor/akrabat/rka-slim-controller/RKA/Slim.php(79): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#3 [internal function]: RKA\Slim->RKA{closure}(‘73’)
#4 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Route.php(468): call_user_func_array(Object(Closure), Array)
#5 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1355): Slim\Route->dispatch()
#6 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/Flash.php(85): Slim\Slim->call()
#7 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Middleware/MethodOverride.php(92): Slim\Middleware\Flash->call()
#8 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Actions.php(160): Slim\Middleware\MethodOverride->call()
#9 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Theme.php(36): Xibo\Middleware\Actions->call()
#10 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/WebAuthentication.php(131): Xibo\Middleware\Theme->call()
#11 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/CsrfGuard.php(63): Xibo\Middleware\WebAuthentication->call()
#12 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/State.php(122): Xibo\Middleware\CsrfGuard->call()
#13 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Storage.php(47): Xibo\Middleware\State->call()
#14 /var/www/cms/lib/Middleware/Xmr.php(37): Xibo\Middleware\Storage->call()
#15 /var/www/cms/vendor/slim/slim/Slim/Slim.php(1300): Xibo\Middleware\Xmr->call()
#16 /var/www/cms/web/index.php(124): Slim\Slim->run()
#17 {main}

Should the docker image have internet access? Would that be a cause to XMR not working?

Is there any other log to look for info?

So the docker-compose config looks sensible.

Please can you double check that you can telnet from the cms container to the xmr container on port 50001?

If you can, then XMR should be working.

The XMR container needs access to the network that your Players are connected to, exposing only port 9505, and you should have configured the CMS in the Settings page to give the players that address in the format

tcp://cms.example.org:9505 
tcp://192.168.0.20:9505