Windows Player: Screen doesn't scale after display resolution increase

Raising this issue again because I’m not sure if it is fixed and just waiting for the next release or if it hasn’t yet.
On the windows .NET client, the player does not scale properly after the resolution changes. For instance, when we turn off one of our displays at the end of the day, windows loses the resolution for the TV which our kiosk is connected to. In this case, Xibo scales to the smaller screen just fine. However, when we turn the TV back on the next day, Xibo is scrunched up in the corner of the screen, having not scaled back up to the 1080p that our TV is. Please don’t link me to the FAQ article about this as it does not work in newer versions of windows. Thanks!
EX: https://user-images.githubusercontent.com/15097541/44045417-6e627d64-9ef6-11e8-9dcd-4c232823523e.jpeg

Thank you for including a screenshot of the issue you’re experiencing. Can you confirm what version of the Windows Player you are using? Can you also confirm if this is an issue you have been experiencing since you began using Xibo, or if this behaviour has started after a period of time?

I can see that this issue was originally posted to our Github, and my colleague included the FAQ (I have included a link below) that I think you are referencing in the above post. Can you confirm that you have attempted the fixes?

https://community.xibo.org.uk/t/screen-shrinks-to-the-top-left-of-the-screen-windows-player/8638/9

Many Thanks.

I have attempted the registry fix, which doesn’t work. There have been several people in GitHub who have also stated that this doesn’t work anymore as well. We just started using Xibo, so all of our displays are running Xibo 1.8.10 on Windows 1803. We are also running CMS version 1.8.10, but as I did not setup the server, I’m not sure what OS it is on. Thanks for your response.

Hello! I also have the same problem.

Once the screen turns off and then turn On the resolution change and we need to restar xibo client in order to adjust it. We tried this registry fix with no results, any advice?

1 Like

We have same problem. The problem occurs because windows 10 have auto monitor detection feature. Windows change resolution if your screen off or not connected. And xibo player also restarts the layout. After reopen or reconnect the monitor, windows rechange the resolution and xibo detects again and restart the layout, But xibo cannot get resize the video, cannot get full screen. This is annoying problem, because we use a systems sometimes shows another HDMI source, when source is come back to xibo device, we have the problem.
waiting for your reply.
Michael

Thank you for confirming that the Regedit fix has not resolved the issue. If you follow the same instructions in the below linked FAQ, but edit the PrimSurf and ActiveSize values stored in the entries beginning NOEDID instead of SIMULATED, can you confirm if this resolves the issue?

https://community.xibo.org.uk/t/screen-shrinks-to-the-top-left-of-the-screen-windows-player/8638/9

Many Thanks.

Hello!

Unfortunately this instructions you post doesnt work for me. But, we find a solution.

Install this specific video controller Intel® HD Graphics Version 20.19.15.4352

Each entry at the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers\Configuration
is related with all the screens that you have connected to the computer during the time. so, the first letters could give you and idea wich folder you need to select in order to edit the actual display.

for example my folders names was

GSMxxxx
SHPxxxx
SAMxxxx
SIMULATEDxxxx

so, all the folders beggining with GSM belong to a LG screen
the ones with SHP, Sharp, the ones with SAM, Samsung…

In my case we use an LG monitor so you have to select the folder (double click) then select “00” folder and edit

PrimSurfSize.cx
PrimSurfSize.cy
ActiveSize.cx
ActiveSize.cy
Scaling

The first 4 registrys you must edit them, then select Decimal Values and manually write the native resolution of the screen.

For the scaling registry we set “3” (decimal values)

The same with subfolders “00” for example

GSMxxxx>00>00

Then you must apply the same configuration for all the folders starting with SIMULATED,

When you done restar the computer and test…

This works well with 4k and FHD screens (LG brand)

I hope this could help someone. regards!