Web Content doesn't use region/full resolution

Hi Guys,

we have a Xibo Server with Version 1.7.4 and it works like it should.
Now we got a new Server with Xibo 1.8.8 installed and got some problems now.

I managed to connect the Windows Player with the CMS and it shows its content. But the size is a Problem, because it shows just a little part of the content in the upper left.

I added a screenshot here.

I hope you can help me,
thanks in advance!
Matze

I’d highly suggest upgrading to 1.8.9, 1.8.8 unfortunately had couple of problems, hence why 1.8.9 was released just about a week from 1.8.8.

I assume this is 1.8.8 Windows player? Could be good to confirm browser emulation settings and also Windows Display Settings, ensure that the change size of text, apps... is set to 100%.

Does other content looks correct on this player?

If the content you want show is available over the internet, then you can export your layout and send it to me via private message, I will have a look at it.

Some additional information:
Debian 9
MySQL 5.8
PHP7
Installed without Docker

Hey Peter,

I made a mistake with the version. We have already installed the 1.8.9, but the windows client is only 1.8.8.
I have already noticed your tipps about the browser emulation, but this didn’t help. Everything is set to 100%.

5 Minutes ago, after i uninstalled 1.8.8 from the client, tried the 1.7.6 (didn’t work) and installed 1.8.8. again, the web content took about 25% of the screen. Application closed and started again, the result is the same, as in my screenshot. :frowning:

Unfortunately our content isn’t available over the internet.

Hey Peter,

I tried today some other Content, Pictures are using about 25% of the screen. When I set the Webpage Options from "manual position (1920x1080, 0, 0, 100%) to “open natively”, the webpage is using about 25% of the screen too. When changed back, or to “best view”, the content is using again only about 5% of the screen.

Do you have any idea whats wrong?

Edit:
I had the backgroundresolution at 4k, which lead to the 25% view. Now I set it to 1080p, and now it works, but only if I set “open natively”. When using manual position or best fit, I only got the little one like in my screenshot.

The other problem is that some of our Webpages are in 720p and some in 1080p, so some have a white box around, while the 1080p work fine.

Regards,
Matze

After some trying, I can say the options “Manual Position” and “Best fit” don’t work. I get only at “Open natively” a Fullscreen View, on the other options I see only about 5% of the screen.

Could it be fixed in 1.8.10?

Thanks in advance,
Matze

Could I may get an answer?

Open Natively opens the webpage the same way as if you’d open it in the browser on the device.

best fit / Manual position embed that in an iframe, so you can change the size, offset etc.
At a guess the webpage you’re trying to show does not work well while being embedded in an iframe, as we cannot see the webpages, I can’t really tell you why exactly that’s the case.

I have upgraded the CMS to the latest version and have the same problem. It’s on the latest windows player and on my androidplayer with version 1.7. Did you fix this?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.