Watchdog error System.IO.IOException

Client: windows 1.8.1-128. (I’ve also seen this issue with 1.8.0 clients)
Intel Stick - Windows 10 Home

Server: 1.8.1

I’m finding players sitting in a state where it isn’t playing anything. When I open Watchdog, it contains the error below. It is randomly occurring.

System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Xibo Library\status.json’ because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at XiboClientWatchdog.Watcher.Run()

Is there any consequence to that message? Ie does anything stop working as a result?

The part of the screen you highlight shows last log status so I’d assume there was an error accessing that file, but the watchdog should continue working regardless.

I’m finding devices sitting on a blank screen, like you see in the screenshot above. But it sounds like it’s not tied to this Watchdog error.

The Player status screen should give you more information on why the screen is black. Bring it up by pressing i

Having Same error on Windows 10 Players, it happens randomly.
Is there any solution??

Can you post a screenshot of your Status page? You can do this by clicking i on your keyboard while the Xibo player is running.

Can you also confirm the Player version you are running?

Many Thanks.

Hi,
The screen shot is this. I cannot get full size, because the error goes away when I connect the pc.
And this is the screenshot taken from cms.
sshot
When the error comes out, the windows bar shown, even there is a error, watchdog should not show error like this.
Thanks

Thank you for the screenshots. can you send a screenshot of the Status page? As mentioned previously, you can access the Status page by clicking the i key on your keyboard while Xibo is running.

Many Thanks.

Dear Dan,
Status page says nothing, because the error is shown by Watchdog, and it goes away when you click somewhere. Sorry cannot get more info for you.

This a full error message from Watchdog:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file ‘C:\YDS\status.json’ because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream…ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access)
at XiboClientWatchdog.Watcher.Run()

This is the screenshot from Status page:

Alex, having same issue on some player every 2-3 days.
Watchdog gives the error “status.json is used by another process” .

Player Info page sshot here;

Hello,
is there any update on this problem? Still having randomly on my lots of clients. This is big problem for me.
Thanks
Michael