[SOLVED] V4.0.0 - Some Bugs + ZMQ Problems | ZMQ for PHP 8.2.10 NTS | OpenSSL 3 Legacy Setting to Windows Server IIS

RSS tickers (migrated or not) cannot consume images. (I also tested this on the besta testing CMS).
The images came as “null”
This is a screenshot from my CMS

And this is a screenshot from the beta testing cms (Layout ID 67, called “RSS Ticker Image”):

Interesting RSS issue - I see that the feed in question uses media:content to supply images, which I suppose you had to parse in v3 with a [media:content|image] variable?

Pending that extra info, I do think it shouldn’t show a broken image if it doesn’t have an image returned, so I have created an issue for that:

Exactly,
I also tested an RSS feed that has an ‘image’ tag,
And still, the layout is not able to interpret it…
Print below of the same layout I mentioned in the beta testing CMS (the same thing happens in my local environment)

Understood - issue created to improve:

It seems like I won’t be able to resolve this issue…
These versions of ZMQ are not available for PHP 8.x NTS, which is used in IIS + FastCGI on Windows Server.
Now I’m facing this problem, I’ve searched the entire internet, but I haven’t found anything.
I don’t know what to do about it for now.

1 Like

Hmm that is unfortunate.

The builds there are for TS I think, mentioned in this issue: PHP 8.1 windows builds? · Issue #223 · zeromq/php-zmq · GitHub.

There are some build instructions in this commit: added build instructions for windows · zeromq/php-zmq@b38670d · GitHub. I am not sure if they will help.

Hello Mr. Paulo,

You can click this link: Websocket , Zmq and PHP 7.4 - EspoCRM Open Source Community Forum
You can register in this forum and you can communicate and ask Mr. Ceonello, maybe he can help you.

Best regards,

Ray

2 Likes

The ZMQ issue is a big problem, can’t find any NTS binaries that work with PHP 8.1 or 8.2.

I will try to generate this manually here, and if I succeed, I will make it available for everyone.
I will try to make this work during this week.
However, I recommend not to have too high expectations for this solution, and if possible, try to compile it on your own as well.
I will keep you updated here on what I manage to accomplish!

3 Likes

I tried my best so far… but that task did not get well guys. I think that i will not be able to solve this.

Just did it guys:

https://github.com/zeromq/php-zmq/files/12604467/zmq-php-8.2.10.zip

But it dosen’t work for me… still the same:

Test it, please!

---------------------- ignore this, please.

Hello Mr. Paulo,
I apologize in advance, I want to ask why the libzmq.lib file is not in the link you gave above?
I have downloaded and opened the file from your link but there is no libzmq.lib file (see image below):

Best regards,

Ray

Yeah you right. I’ll keep tryng!

Thanks

3 Likes

Good news guys!
I was able to solve that!

https://github.com/zeromq/php-zmq/files/12610669/ZMQ-4.3.4_x64_PHP8.2.10-NTS.zip

Now it’s working :smiley:

3 Likes

Back again:

XMR are not working :frowning:

Can you run XMR manually? Open a command prompt and navigate to where ever your Xibo directory is (for instance on mine, C:\Xibo-CMS) and then the Vendor\Bin directory and run “php XMR.phar” and see if it starts up and gives heartbeats?

Great, since your XMR is working well, I’ll focus on troubleshooting my environment’s settings in this case. I use an external XMR server hosted on AWS, so I’ll see if there’s anything I can do there.

I asked because I was getting an error that revealed itself to me when I ran it manually; it was looking for/wanted the config.json file to be in C:\XiboInstallDir\vendor\xibosignage\xibo-xmr\bin instead of C:\XiboInstallDir\Vendor\Bin directory.

My requests are coming to my XMR server normally, and still work with my V3 CMS’s:

I’m using the latest version of XMR (0.11) on that server.

But… in my V4 CMS, it dosen’t complete te command:

Player action connection failed. E = Cannot seal message