The time is not auto updating along with live streaming video

Hi,
I have Xibo 1.6 client installed on Ubuntu 14.04. In the design, I have two regions, one will show the time in 12 hour format and the other region is for live streaming of video which I have put in webpage design section.
The problem is that the time is not updating while the live streaming is working fine. The time remains stuck at the same place at which the layout starts.

Thanks in advance.

I’m not sure why would that happen, that being said, 1.6 is an old version and if that’s linux client then I’m afraid we no longer support it.

If it’s possible to upgrade your CMS to at least 1.7.9 and use one of the supported players (Windows / Android) and then try to recreate the issue that would be helpful and easier to troubleshoot.

If you’re indeed using old linux client, then 1.6 series is the one you want to use, until we will have our new cross-platform player (Windows/Linux), which will work with newer CMS series.

Hi Peter,

First of all, thanks for your reply.

Actually,I got the problem. The problem is that my layout with the time is waiting for the other layout to be finished and then only it is refreshing.I tested it with a 2 min video layout region and the time layout region.
Can you please tell me how to update the time every minute?

Thanks

Layout will always reload after the region with the longest duration ends, you could also add more than one item in a region, then when they will cycle they will refresh as well (independent from the whole layout reload) - Understanding Media Duration and how it affects the playback of a Layout

I’m fairly sure it did work that way in 1.6 series as well.

The time (using the substitute in the Text widget type, or using the Clock widget) will automatically update in 1.7/1.8 series. There’s no need to refresh it to have it update.

If you’ve made your own time widget, then you probably need some script running to keep that updated. You may be able to work around it by including your code twice in the same region, one after the other with 30 second durations, so that every 30 seconds, that region reloads its content without affecting the other regions.

Thanks Alex and Peter.
I understood the solution now.