Xibo CMS Version: 1.7.9
OS: Ubuntu 16.04
Xibo Client Version: 1.7.9
OS: Windows 7 Pro
I am having issues playing pptx, pps, ppt files via the player. I have tried all three versions.
I am using Office 2010 and 2016.
• I have enabled PPT to play on the displays
• I have changed the registry (for PPT) as indicated on the player machine
• I have saved the PPT as instructed (rehearse timings, window mode)
• For kicks, all UAC’s have been disabled
• I have ensured that the PowerPoint application runs locally on the machine with no issues or errors.
• I have opened and closed the PPT file on the local machine to ensure it plays.
I am, unfortunately, unable to get anything to display.
I set a layout, add the PPT. I have tried all of the above mentioned versions of the file (.ppt, .pptx, .pps) and all give the same results.
I set the duration to the length of the PPT with all timings accounted for (plus a little extra just in case). PPT runs for 10 mins (600 seconds) and I assign the duration during upload for 660 seconds.
There are no errors with the upload of the PPT file (that are presented).
The player starts with the default layout and then kicks in the schedule of the PPT.
When the PPT is supposed to play, I get a blank / black screen.
After the timing for the schedule has completed, it returns me to the default layout.
I have also tried different iterations of the PPT - single color slides, single photos, no transitions, etc.; all produce the same result.
I understand the ‘workaround’ is to export the slideshow as a video - however, one of the main reasons we have looked at xibo is because of the support for PPT files.
As a side note, from further testing / checking:
• Google slides shared presentation does work (did need to restart the player occasionnally)
• Movies play and work.
Aside from the above options, I would like to see if I am able to get PPT to work as it is the format of choice for our staff.
I look forward to any suggestions, ideas or thoughts on this matter.
Thank you and kind regards,