Player doesn't download files

Before completing please check that the time, date and timezone have been correctly set on the device running the Player.

Timezone on both server and client matches

Player Version

3 R303.0

Issue

Player seem unable to download files. If I monitor the player directory, I can see that the required files are created with a size of 0, and then removed again.

The paths in requiredFiles.xml references a non-existing server: “http://cms-web/xmds.php?file=Aileron-Heavy.otf…”.
cms-web is the name of the docker container running the xibo web app. I have configured the CMS_SERVER_NAME variable in the docker config.env file to the actual dns name of the xibo server.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

It looks like the file has become corrupt. This happens sometimes.
Delete your Library folder at C:/Users/morte/Documents/ and the Config under %appdata% and restart the player. After that, reauthenticate the player and the problem should be fixed.

Due to your incorrect BaseURL, you should check out these two threads. It might be the same issue:

If you havent done yet, disable your thumbnails:

Windows automatically creates thumbnails for content in the User folder and will try to do so for the Xibo local Library.

In some cases, this interferes with the normal operation of the Player and should be disabled. This can be achieved with the following registry settings:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoThumbnailCache"=dword:00000001
"DisableThumbnailCache"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]
"DisableThumbnailCache"=dword:00000001
"NoThumbnailCache"=dword:00000001
1 Like

Hi Schweminska,

Thank you for the offers.
Requiredfiles.xml was not corrupt, “just” referencing a wrong web server. So the ISS thread got me thinking, and I added a hardcoded Host rewrite rule in the ngingx ssl proxy container, and everything seems to work :slight_smile:

1 Like