Hopefully I ready your post correctly and understand your problem.
I too experienced a similar problem when first trying to deploy Xibo clients using an imaging imaging (fogproject.org).
I found that if I installed the Xibo client on the base image, ran sysprep, then took an image, the Display ID was not changed/generalized. This lead to problems when adding the displays to the CMS, because the Display ID’s were the same. I don’t recall what we did to fix this, but it was one of the following:
- Simply opened the player options on the client and modified the Display ID so it was different than what it was in the base image before adding it to the CMS (all must be unique!). If I had already added it to the CMS, I simply identified it by it’s MAC, removed it, modified the Display ID, then added it to the CMS again.
- After deploying the image to a new piece of hardware, uninstall the Xibo client and reinstall it.
I hope this helps.
If I’m not mistaken, right now we have an image with all the settings we desired minus the Xibo client. We deploy the image, install the Xibo client, then add it to the CMS. We also felt that the new Xibo clients are being released so quickly, we ended up having to uninstall then reinstall if we wanted to stay current.
All in all, not too burdensome and we love this project!