Layout and Scheduling problems

as I said in earlier CMS versions there were issues with schedule/download time especially regarding 00:00 (midnight).
Either consider update to 1.7.6.

Or change your schedule a little, since you want your scheduled layout to play pretty much all the time.
I would suggest for example:
Start time 17.02.2016 8:00
End Time 30.09.2016 23:50 (basically some date far into the future)
without repeats

I’d suggest this kind of schedule no matter if you will upgrade CMS or not.

Peter I did what you suggested me but layout scheduled doesn’t start and default layout is showed.

So if you deleted the previous event (with repeats) and only the one that I suggested is currently scheduled and your player is up-to date (ie knows about new schedule) it should work (unless you have some really long durations on your default layout).

You might want to close Xibo and reopen it, it will force connection to the CMS.

It should work, but it doesn’t works…
Now I changed the scheduled layout with other more simple, and it works.
The status now is:

look scheduled Layout is 64 and 4 is default and player works with 64.

but if I scheduled 50 this is status:

scheduled Layout is 4 and 4 is default and player works with 4 but really 50 is scheduled.

In that case, it probably would be good if I could have a look at your layout (50),
Please upload it somewhere and share the download link we me (here or via pm)

Edit: Are there any errors under ‘last 5 log message’ on status window?

I will send you a link as soon as possible file zip is 300MB and ftp is very slow…
Remember this layout as default works
Peter thank you for your support.

LINK:
http://www.dsdatasi.it/FILES/export_htv-bar-dei-pini.zip
Thanks

Thank you.

I downloaded and scheduled your layout on my device, it downloaded all the necessary content and started to display your layout.
I think there is still some issue with .avi videos on it (as I mentioned in your other topic).

I am not sure why it doesn’t work for you (if scheduled).

Looking at your status screens, with layout 64, on your device it was 32/32
with layout 50 it’s 67/ (67?) - so it had to download the files, I assume it finished it since it’s up-to date.
Although it seems odd that it had to download those files, since you said it was set as a default and was displayed before this test.

Since your other simple layout was working when scheduled, I assumed that your default layout does not have any long durations? If it does, then that can delay scheduled content.

Could you perhaps enable global debugging (CMS-> report fault page) and auditing for this display (CMS->displays page-> edit you display -> advanced tab).
Schedule this layout and see if there are any errors that could explain it?

Other than all that, you might still consider update to 1.7.6

Peter for few second the status player shows this message:

any idea?

dependence 236???
is a file, media or what?

most likely a file in CMS library with id 236.
Is file with this id currently in your CMS (or was it deleted?) and assigned to your layout?

So it’s the same error as here Method: schedule manager: message invalid dependent for layout - layout12falsefalse (timestamp stuff) dependent = 254.mp

Although it seems odd in your case.

Could you try (on z64 since I know it should work) switching to public storage?
In Xibo app -> settings -> tick "Use Public Storage?“
and select first option under 'Storage Options”

It will force the device to download layout’s content again.

Hi Peter,
I’ve done all the tests that you suggested.
I have not updated cms, but soon I will.

I tried all the videos in a single playlist, and they work.
if I delete one any video from the play list, the play list works
so 35 videos not work 34 work.

Player is 73% of storage
Memory Limit 512MB
Memory Allocation 23 MB
it does not work in a critical condition

Is there a limit on the number of files?
The playlist that I sent to you, with your player work?
thanks
Andrea

There is no hard limit for number of files on a layout.
It does work, ie it’s displayed, but I think my z64 doesn’t really like your .avi videos very much.

I’d say again that converting your videos to mp4 H264 encoded and updating the CMS could only help you.

Although I agree that it seems a bit odd that it doesn’t work with 35 items and works with 34

Hello I have the same problem and the CMS log I verified that the following string is truncated to 460 characters
397.jpg the filename is truncated with 397.jp

when you start scheduling

XMDSSoap4

layout file=“37” fromdt=“2016-02-19 08:30:00” todt=“2016-02-19 21:00:00” scheduleid=“109” priority=“0” dependents=“38.jpg,345.jpg,346.jpg,347.jpg,348.jpg,349.jpg,350.jpg,351.jpg,352.jpg,353.jpg,354.jpg,355.jpg,356.jpg,358.jpg,357.jpg,359.jpg,360.jpg,362.jpg,361.jpg,363.jpg,364.jpg,365.jpg,366.jpg,367.jpg,368.jpg,369.jpg,370.jpg,371.jpg,372.jpg,373.jpg,375.jpg,374.jpg,376.jpg,377.jpg,378.jpg,379.jpg,380.jpg,381.jpg,382.jpg,383.jpg,384.jpg,385.jpg,397.jp”/>

you have any solutions?

Hi Andrea, Michele

My apologies I wasn’t aware of it, but there is indeed a bug regarding this character limit in 1.7 series.
Unfortunately it can’t be fixed in this series due to how this change would affect the players.

It is fixed in the 1.8 version (currently in alpha).

Again my apologies for all the confusion caused by it.

HI Peter, this error is serious problem for me,
because I can not install alpha release to solve the problem.
So I ask you do you have a tool that reset the MEDIAID on DB and rename all the file?
Currently I have media files that start from 2396 4 bytes, if they start to 1 the problem is solved.
Thanks
Andrea

i’m afraid we do not have such a tool we can share - the mediaId in the database is used throughout the CMS and also in the XLF file (which is generated at save time). I don’t like using the word impossible - but lets just say it is prohibitively difficult to make such a tool work in 1.7.

The best workaround we have at present is for you to manually split the layout into 2 layouts, with half the files in each layout. Then you would add the layouts to a campaign and schedule that (or schedule the two layouts individually - they will cycle).

We could not fix the linked problem in 1.7 because the only way to fix it is to change the whole format of the schedule.xml file sent to the player by the CMS. We had to change from a comma separated list of dependants to having dependant nodes under the layout node. This of course means an updated player application as well.

Sorry I do not have better news or a better workaround.

Thanks anyway.
I really appreciate your work
Andrea

Hi Dan,
have you any news about this problem?
Because now we have to manually split the layout into 3 layouts,
everything becomes more complicated
Thanks
Andrea