Interactive Signage

A post was split to a new topic: Deleted admin users

That would be amazing. I think it would be great to somehow have xibo be used as a customer display screen at a cafe, like a supermarket showing what is being sold

Hi Dan, I note that you’ve previously said Interactive Signage will be available in 1.9 (at least 6 months after 1.8). Could you provide an update to this please, as we have a client looking to be able to create and edit their own interactive touchscreen display and is looking for timescales.

1 Like

Hello,

we are also new at xibo, and are missing the touch interaction.
Would be nice for us, because we would like to build for our guesthouse roomtablets, wich should allow the guests to surf to special websites and make a survey at the end of their stay.

So we are very interested in the schedule (launching) of 1.9 with the interactive features.

Yes it could. Thanks for the contributors for your views.

Hi Dan,

I want to create a solution.I would like your knowledge on this subject.There will be two region in my thema design. First region will be normal Campaigns. Second region will be button. Click the button to open the first region web page. The first region will not appear in Campaigns again for 15 seconds. Is it possible to do this with Xibo?

Best Regards

Sorry but that is not currently possible.

Our implementation has been delayed in preference to other more demanded features and improvements (you will see these rolled out into v2 over the coming months - and of course v2 itself).

Our current plans are to implement interactive capabilities as described in the first post of this topic, in version 3 of Xibo. We have a road map and specification to make these changes, but they are not small and will take time.

Hello,

We developed a website specifically for Digital Signage Kiosks. All the Kiosk does is run the website in a locked down browser (OpenKiosk developed my Mozilla devs based on Enterprise Firefox).

Being able to run this from within Xibo would be great, for example showing a different Layout after a set time of inactivity and obviously for all the current CMS features like sending commands remotely and logging.

Will 3.0 be released after 2.2 or will there be more versions in between?

1 Like

Hello Dan,

I wanted to use the windows screensaver feature in my project.I have done all the operations in the manual. windows screensaver can preview the screen.But the screen saver does not start after 1 minute. I have microsoft windows 10.

How can you help me?

Best regards

The link don’t work anymore

Which link in particular are you referring to?

We have three main ‘Manuals’ that contain all of our Xibo documentation that can be found using the following links:
User manual
Administration manual
Developer documentation

I have successfully setup a remote dataset, relevant data is being pulled into the dataset ticker with filters, what I really need is a way for the end user to be able to modify parts of the filter from the player. This will be used for a seating allocation display, I would like the user to be able to select their initial and the list will filter accordingly to show only surnames starting with ‘B’. I can achieve this with the filters in the editor, is there a way that I’m missing to allow additional filters to be run locally on the display?

I saw the note in the latest release notes that v3 is next, how exciting! I really hope it’s going to make it easy to change what data is displayed from a dataset by touching buttons on the player.

In the meantime I have actually got my last scenario to work using the embedded widget, I’ve written some custom javascript that pulls csv data into a table, I then have some javascript buttons that modify the css to show/hide different lines of the table, and I can even scroll the table when it overflows! changes get made to the csv file remotely and changes update on the displays without any user interaction.

This is almost perfect, however I really would like to keep it entirely within xibo, rather than embedding it, as I lose the ability to use library content like fonts.

Thanks for your update, please to see you have an embedded workaround.

In v3 you would have something like:

• an entry DataSet Widet showing your initial table
  • regions containing however many buttons you needed
  • further DataSet Widgets in the interactive drawer configured for each filter
  • you’d then set click/touch actions on the buttons, pointing to the relevant Widget from the drawer

We will be releasing an alpha with the CMS side changes first, so people can test their uses cases.

Hello Dan,
I really appreciate your work. Many thanks! I found on the github that you have already set up a library for interactively controlling an Xibo Player. Does that mean you’re already working on it? When do you think the first version will be released?
Thank you for your response.
Libor

Hi,

We are making a client library, called Xibo Interactive Control for the Player Interactive API - well spotted! :male_detective:

Initially this will be designed so that you can call actions and some other functions from inside Widget’s running in Xibo. Once we’ve worked out security concerns, we hope to make it callable from outside the Player also.

It’s early days yet, but the library should be available along with the v3.0.0-beta we’re working on now. I don’t want to commit to a date on it as there is still quite a bit to do, as well as our routine maintenance on v2.

Our aim though is to have a release candidate and windows player support for interactive available before the new year.

Thanks,
Dan

Hi,

Would this option allow the player to play a layout but when the user taps the screen (or presses a key) then allow the user to select from a list of stored content to play?

My requirement here is to allow the users to watch Health and Safety videos or play content on request.

Alternatively, would the interactions allow the user to restart/pause/resume a video?

Thanks

Hi,
Are there any more details on this and the functionality?
I’m looking for an option that allows me to play content on demand which is NOT triggered by a widget but triggered maybe using a keyboard (using Windows/linux player) as my players are not touch screen.
Thanks

A post was split to a new topic: Switch content via HTTP/TCP/UDP command?

A post was split to a new topic: Interactive set up advice