I have 1.7.3 on Windows, want 1.8.0 on Docker on Ubuntu Linux. Recommendations?

Hi folks,

I’ve got a Xibo CMS version 1.7.3 running on Windows, and I’ve set up a Docker-based 1.8.0 Xibo CMS on an Ubuntu VM.

How should I get my database upgraded and moved to the new host? Should I do an intermediate update of the Windows installation from 1.7.3 to something else?

Thanks,
Ben

Upgrading from 1.7 to 1.8 with Docker is covered in the manual, so that should be your first port of call.

Ideally, we recommend upgrading to 1.7.9 first, then to 1.8.0 - but in theory 1.7.3 to 1.8.0 directly is possible. Personally, I would upgrade to 1.7.9 first.

http://xibo.org.uk/manual-tempel/en/upgrade.html#switching_to_docker

Yes, I saw that, but after I put import.sql in /usr/lib/docker/xibo-docker/shared/backup, what do I do next? Thank you.

If you’ve never run Xibo in the containers before, then you’d simply create config.env, edit it to add a MySQL password, and then run docker-compose up -d

If you have run them before, and you no longer need the contents of that CMS, then run:

docker-compose down
sudo rm -r /usr/lib/docker/xibo-docker/shared/db
docker-compose up -d

That will delete the existing database instance, and then create a fresh one, importing your import.sql and then running the upgrade on it.

1 Like

Ah, okay, thanks. I’ve got it working now!

1 Like