Filtered dataset view leaving no results does not show 'no data' template in v3.0.1

I have just freshly installed cms v3.0.1 and windows player 3 r300.5 separate to my production environment to test my current layouts before upgrading.

I have imported the layout with the dataset and it’s not quite working correctly.

Layout has 3 Dataset View widgets all looking at the same dataset but each has a different filter to show only relevant data, when nothing satisfies the filter for each widget each one should display the ‘noData’ template but instead if even 1 widget has something to display the others are blank. It works as expected in my currently live environment CMS v 2.9.3.

Further investigation has shown that it is in fact the advanced filter clause that is no longer working. Each of my 3 widgets have a slightly different filter, but because the filter isn’t working all 3 widgets are always showing data (sometimes that data is intentionally blank).

I need to use the advanced clause as the basic list doesn’t give me all of the SQL operators I need (‘LIKE’)

Are there any workarounds is this a known bug?

Same here, I’m a bit happy to read this, so I know that I’m not the only one.

I found your post shortly after I posted mine, so I too am happy I’m not the only one!

Looks like I won’t be updating until this is fixed

This bug has been resolved. CMS version can be updated by following the steps here

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.