Elements from layout not showing [CMS v4.0.6] [Player Android 10]

Hi,

I am currently running a self-hosted CMS v4.0.6
I scheduled a single layout with multiple elements/widgets in one screen.

On the player it seems like only the video element is showing, while the rest does not.
The player is running on Android 10.

I found a post that looks similar to my problem, there it says it is a known issue for android 9 & 10.

However this post is back in 2020, so I am wondering if there has been any update ever since, or I am experierience a completely different issue.

Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

Hi Tai, welcome to the community forum!

Could you confirm the following:

• The layout is published, so we know that everything in the layout has been saved correctly.
  • What player version are you using? I can see that it is Android, but could you share the full version details? If you are unsure, please check by going to the Displays page in your CMS, then click the Column Visibility button and choose Version. That will reveal a new column with the information I need.

Many Thanks.

Hello DanBW,
Thanks for your reply.
・ I confirmed I have published the layout and see that the status is “published” on the grid as well.
・ Player is running on android 4-402

Hi, Similar problem here using XIBO CMS 4.0.6. In the CMS Preview it’s working fine, but in the Windows Player, only one widget (playlist) is visible. The others not.

Hello Digin,
Same, I am also able to see all the elements in the CMS preview.
The thumbnail on the grid, however, is missing some elements like the player.

Thank you all for your feedback on this issue. Could I ask one or all of you to send me an exported copy of the layout that has this issue in a private message? I can test each and see if I can replicate your issue.

Please also note that due to the holiday season there may be some delayed replies, depending on when the messages are sent.

Many Thanks.

Hey Dan,

I am having this same issue. Were you able to find a solution for this?

Thanks!!

I installed Xibo CMS 4.0.7 and I have still this issues with RSS feeds. Working fine in the preview, but not in the Windows client.

Hey Digin and Tai,
Have you already found how to fix that issue? Because I’m also having this issue and I don’t know how to fix that.
Thanks

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately, I do not have a fix for this and it looks like that Xibo has not a fix either. My main problem is that none of the RSS widgets are not showing in the player (Windows). A simple RSS marquee ticker is working fine in the preview, but is not displayed in the player.

Hi Digin,
For me preview on the CMS is working fine but on player (Windows) there’s only 1 widget, and I have everything saved and set. Well maybe downgrade would help or just wait for a fix from Xibo.

Same issue here, RSS feeds are not working properly CMS v4.0.7, have you found any workaround for this? Everything seems to be working in preview but client is not showing the feeds, at least not marquee feeds.

Xibo v4.0.7
Client: Windows 4 R402.1-402

No solutions so far. The same issue using an Android Player. So I think the problem is the Xibo CMS.