Data Set data updating on the TV

Hi

I have a simple dataset which I intend to use for updating a scrolling ticker on the screen. It works well except that if I have anything other than the clock on the screen the data set doesn’t update when changes are made to it. Even an RSS ticker will stop it from working. When I remove all the other regions and leave just a clock and the ticker, any changes made to the data set update quickly.

This is using version 1.7.3 cloud hosted using a windows client.

Thanks

If the DataSet is the only item in the region, then it won’t update until all other regions on the layout expire.

That’s explained in more detail here:

So either you need to add the dataset ticker to the region timeline twice, or keep the other regions total duration short so that it can update.

Thanks, that’s worked a treat.

The only thing I am having trouble with now is Marquee’s with a dataset and it only showing one item at a time. I have 4 entries and it shows the 4 side by side each time. I have tried toggling the “side by side” option but whatever setting I choose they always come out along side each other.

It works with scrolling, just not marquee. I looked at some help guides on line but they all mention selecting “single mode” when creating the ticker, but i can’t see that option on 1.7.3.

Thanks

Marquee will move the whole block in as an entrance/exit animation. Scrolling will put the items in a long line and move them across the screen. So it sounds like it’s doing exactly what it should do?