Columns dataset with accented characters get messed in Ticker

Hello.
We usually setup dataset as tickers data source on layouts.

As a DBA ussually use english worlds for fields, but in an especific case we had to use the word “Título” (title) for a column.

When we use this column on the “apperance” tab of the ticker, as we click on “HTML source” it gets converted to “T ampersan iacute ; tulo” which I undestand is “í” converted to html.

It gets correctly shown on apperance, but when is displayed on editor, preview or player, does not show content.

We are using 1.8.7 and we are updating to latest tonight or tomorrow. But I do not think that this problems has been spotted yet.

Greetings.

Unfortunately MySQL does not support these characters, which is why you have been experiencing the issue that you have.

If you upgrade your CMS to 1.8.11, you will find that adding these types of characters will not be permitted, to avoid any errors or formatting issues.

Many Thanks.

Is there any plan to add and use a “utf/unicode ux friendly name” field as column “title”?

I did not have a problem saving data with this column, because I just corrected the name on HTML source everytime I have to modify something, because parser modified at displaying on editor that column to html instead of leaving it as it is.

I have changed fields, and every things is back to normal, but I had to manually modify each ticker. I do not know if it is because formatting string is loosely coupled with columns of dataset by design, or because of this problem with accented characters. I just thing it would be an enhancement.