Change Text from outside

Hello!

I have a welcome text on my screen
“Welcome to our company”

Now i need an easy way for our secretary to change that text.
for example “welcome mr xyz from company xyz”
when our guest has left she can change it back to “welcome to our company” or whatever,…

as easy as possible without xibo access.
maybe a .txt file somewhere or a powerpoint, word,…??

thx in advance
alex

Welcome to the Community AlexJ!

Changing the text in a scheduled Layout would require some interaction with your Xibo CMS, as this is where the changes are communicated to your Player. There is therefore not an easy option where you can make a simple change such as the text and have this changed on a Layout without accessing your CMS, or a second person accessing the CMS to make those changes for you.

One possible option would be a Remote Dataset, which could be modified by your Secretary and then those changes are received and reflected in the Layout itself and eventually the Player that is showing the Layout. Please note that this would require a Remote Dataset to be created, using JSON formatted data, and a URL configured so that your CMS can communicate with your Remote Dataset and get the new data. This is not an easy option if you are not familiar with the concepts involved in setting this up.

I had another user asking for a simple solution for a very similar setup as the one you describe. Here’s a link to that post, which includes some suggestions on how to create a setup where a non technical user can make simple adjustments to the text in a Layout.

I acknowledge this is would mean that your Secretary would have access to the Xibo CMS, but you can use the Permissions and Page security options to limit what they can access. You could set up their account so that they can only access the one place they need to go to and change that text, without having the permission to see any of the other options available, or even the ability to delete the one thing you want them to have access to, only view and edit would be permitted.

Many Thanks.