Can't install xibo on Linux Web Server

Hi,
'm trying to install xibo on my web space LAMP.
I have:

1. create dubdomai “totem”
  2. extract xibo on /home2/tenaxiyk/xibo-cms
  3. crate a symbolic link that /home2/totem.tenaxia.com refer to /hom2/tenaxiyk/xibo-cms/web

But when I start installation I have a white page where is loaded only header.
Any Ideas?
Here my link: http://totem.tenaxia.com/install/

Hi,

same problem here. Custom Installation 1.8.10 on Windows Server.

Only White page:

Hi, here the same Problem too.

Custom Installation on Xampp.

Only a white Page with Header and a black Bar on the Top…

That makes four of us. Attempting to run a clean manual install on a web server:

CMS 1.8.10
CentOS 7.4
PHP 5.6.36

The script outputs the page header and then execution stops right after the navbar-header div is opened, exactly like hhan’s screen shot. Nothing is showing up in my error logs. Elsewhere on the same server I am running a copy of CMS 1.7.9 with no issues. Any idea why this is happening?

It is possible that a PHP dependency is missing. First you will need to put the CMS into test mode. I expect you all may know how to do that already, but just in case, you will need to run in your MySQL database:

update setting set setting =“Test” where setting=“SERVER_MODE”;

Once this change has been made, you will need to clear the cache inside the CMS library directory.

Installation does not work. There is no database yet.

Same here…

You can call the “Dependencies Page” (first page for the Installation) and all what you see is a white page with a black bar above… Nothing more…

I do the same with 1.8.9 and call the “Dependencies Page” and it works’s…

I’ve installed 1.8.9 successfully. Attempting to upgrade to 1.8.10, I get as far as the upgrade page after logging in, but the “Start” button doesn’t do anything.

Yeah!

Count me in on this one! We’re trying to test out Xibo, but can’t get this to install to our own virtual host. The Docker setup works locally, but we need the non-docker version for production.

I can access the first page of installation as well, and that’s when there’s no web/settings.php present. If I create that file empty, I get forward to next step but get white page also. I did edit the web/install/index.php a bit to get the errors to show…

Empty settings.php with write permissions gives me this error:

And when I copied structure from my working local Docker installation’s settings.php and added the hosts’ db info, I get missing tables -error. Apparently the install process only checks for the settings.php file. And only if that’s present?

I got a bit forward when I copied my local docker -based installation’s db to web server. There’s some cache path issues, that data being form Docker env after all. I’ll try to fix the paths directly to db to get things working.

So yeah, the installation process seems to be a bit broken here. Otherwise, we do like the software a lot.

/ Janne

Just to follow up on this… 1.8.9 installation went as expected.

It looks like a change to the way the translations are loaded has caused this issue - i’ve created a bug and will work on a fix straight away:

3 Likes

As an update for those experiencing this problem, selecting the above link will also take you to a link for the patch for the issue. If the issue persists, please let us know.

2 Likes

Following the indications of DAN, the problem is 100% solved.
Proved and tested!
Concretamente este enlace:

Thank you very much.