Black background for rss, forecastio, text and clock only on win client

Hi everyone:
My problem is very similar to others I have read here but I find the solution that suits my case (or do not understand).
Preview:

Windows Player:

I really tried many things without success.
I’m using xibo cms 1.7.5 and xibo client on windows 10. It’s a local installation with xampp.
I don’t have any error on log.
I need someone to tell me how to fix it as if I were stupid. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Thank you.

You are trying to use overlapping regions on a layout. Unfortunately, this is not support by the Windows Client at this time. Only the Android client can do this at the moment. I would suggest changing the design to not use overlapping regions.

Edit: You Might consider making a background image on the layout and then positioning regions in the appropriate area.

That was my first mistake. When I launch the player only the background image is visible. But then, I remove that image and put it in the background.
I have not used overlapping.
If I change the background color, change the efect. But steel wrong:

Humm… My mistake. On the regions, under options, and layout, are these fields blank? Also try to remove the background color and set the layer to 1 on the background

You may also try looking at this and this

I can’t save changes without the background color. :cry:
I try all of this and nothing…

Did you try the registry changes on the client and restarting the client?

Also maybe look here HTML5 vs iframe transparency

Posting from phone is a bit hard

Update: This explains the problem.

Thank you cslaughter!
The last link is the key! I changed the images to jpg and now works !!
Everything except the forecastio … But it is a step!

The forecast.io is still black?

No, forecast is white now… Too transparent :joy:
Completely disappears. No icons or text.
I’m searching this issue on the forum. -> I find nothing like this… :sob:

What do you have set for the text color on the layout with forecast.io?

On ours we used the override option on all of them. If need be, you could try that as well.

I set the colour for the foreground text #000000 (black). I’ve tried with other colors. But neither works.
I use the override option to customize the area:

The code is:

And the css:

body {
font-family:Arial;
margin:0;
padding-top: 5px;
}

.icon {
float: left;
background: url([[ICONS]]) no-repeat top left;
}

.temperature {
font-size: 100px;
}

.desc {
padding-top: 20px;
font-size: 28px;
}

.powered-by {
font-size: 32px;
clear: both;
text-align:center;
}
.std-sprite-clear-day{ background-position: 0 0; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.std-sprite-clear-night{ background-position: 0 -178px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.std-sprite-cloudy{ background-position: 0 -356px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.std-sprite-lightning{ background-position: 0 -534px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.std-sprite-partly-cloudy-day{ background-position: 0 -712px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.std-sprite-partly-cloudy-night{ background-position: 0 -890px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.std-sprite-rain{ background-position: 0 -1068px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.std-sprite-sleet{ background-position: 0 -1246px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.std-sprite-snow-night{ background-position: 0 -1424px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.std-sprite-snow{ background-position: 0 -1602px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }
.std-sprite-wind{ background-position: 0 -1780px; width: 128px; height: 128px; }

It is a failure of the override because unmodified template works perfectly.
Now all I have to learn to change them without stop working … :sob:

Today has been updated and now my windows schedule events do not get …

The override is working correctly, it is that a font color has not been specified.

Try inserting this into your CSS

.container{
color: black;
}

As for the page not responding… This could be a unclosed tag in the override or a general web server problem. Maybe try restarting the server?

I’ll try with that in my new layouts.
I uninstalled everything and start over again.
Thank you for all your help!!! :relaxed:
We can close this thread.

Hi Moz

Glad you got it working. Just a note to let you know that it’s a licence violation to remove the “Powered by Forecast” text from the weather forecast widget. It’s required by the guys over at Forecast.io unless you have a commercial agreement with them to use their data without credit.