2.0.0 Released

Yes it is! I am running it as I write this.

How to upgrade from 1.18.12 to 2.0.0?

Please follow the link to our Administration manual which gives further details: Upgrading the CMS.

Hello from Arun,

i am trying to install xibo cms 2.0.0 in my wamp server ,it is not working .
Please let me know how can i install in wamp server on my local computer

Done that… but it does not work… what are the new requirement for Xibo 2.0? Does it still work with php 5.6? or need to upgrade? I’ve try using php 5.6 and php 7.3 and mysql 5.7 and mysql 8.0… when i started doing clean install… it will not connect

It should still work with PHP5.6, but we recommend PHP7.2 as that’s what we provide in the Docker containers (and is therefore what is tested).

MySQL should be 5.6 or 5.7.

This is the error I got. I am using the following:
IIS
Php 7.2.16 NTS x86
MySQL 5.7.25
Xibo 2.0

just replace sql mode to
sql-mode=“NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION”

inside my.ini of mysql

What are you doing to generate that error please?

This error generated during the first step of the setup, I had it too.
Removing STRICT_TRANS_TABLES from sql-mode fix the porblem, but probably you can do it during the setup.

1 Like

Yes i got that error when i am doing new fresh install of Xibo 2.0 CMS

At what stage did you get the error?

When you click next after step 1

An issue has been logged for that here:

When will be the dutch language available for V2?

Thank you… removing STRICT_TRANS_TABLES from sql-mode work!

All the same translations are available for 2.0.0 as 1.8.

If there are strings missing, you are welcome to contribute them below, and that will be included in future releases automatically.

https://translations.launchpad.net/xibo/github/+translations

I have successfully upgrade Xibo CMS form 1.8.12 to 2.0.0. I have Upgrade with Manual/Custom method and CMS is working on Win 7 with MySQL and Apache.

On picture 1 you can see the CMS Environment checks List -> all OK.

PROBLEM: Now in Layouts → choose one existing layout → Design (Checkout) → Edit I get Empty Layout Design (Picture 2). With Preview Layout I can see that Layout working OK, but I can’t edit layout.

This happens not for all my existing layouts. Some layouts I can Edit but for some I get Empty Layout Design.

We are aware of an issue with existing Layouts as discussed here:

Thank you Natasha. I can confirm that going into the database and manually setting the backgroundColor field to #000000 is working.