XMR unresponsive, issue reconfigure is killing me

Hello!

Recently started using Xibo and I’m loving it so far, however I cannot for the life of me get XMR to work. I’ve set the public xmr address to tcp://sub.mydomain.com:9505, yet I still receive XMR unresponsive issue reconfigure. I’ve of course tried to issue the reconfigure but it’s been unsuccessful each time.

The XMR docker image is running, and I believe it should be working. Is there anyway to test to see if it’s listening on 9505? netstat shows it is, but I’d love to be able to verify something.

If you run docker ps do you see port 9505 exposed?

If so, are the containers linked?

Both of these should be taken care of by the docker-compose file if you used it.

4d1c12016c99 xibosignage/xibo-cms:release_1.8.2 “/entrypoint.sh” 4 days ago Up 4 days 0.0.0.0:80->80/tcp xibo_cms-web_1
8ff35add326a xibosignage/xibo-xmr:release_1.8.2 “/entrypoint.sh” 4 days ago Up 4 days 0.0.0.0:9505->9505/tcp, 50001/tcp xibo_cms-xmr_1
4e070b697efe mysql:5.6 “docker-entrypoint…” 4 days ago Up 4 days 3306/tcp xibo_cms-db_1

Used the compose file, here’s the output of docker ps

Can you try executing this from the host?

docker exec -it xibo_cms-web_1 ping cms-xmr

Also try connecting to the specific port from the LAN:

telnet <hostname> 9505

If the first one fails then there is an issue with the link between the CMS and ZMQ. Just redeploy the containers in that case.

If the second one fails there is an issue routing packets to that port from the LAN. You’ll need to check firewalls and routing tables to find what the issue may be.

Pinging succeeds, and telnet from putty shows me a NULL. So it’s connecting but there’s no information. I’m not sure what I should see here

Null sounds reasonable.

I forgot to say this, but did you run putty from the client?