Xibo Upgrade 1.7.X to 1.8.X

Hello,

About a year ago I created a tutorial on my website showing step-by-step on how to configure your own Xibo CMS installation. This was all based on a CentOS 7 server running Apache.
I found some free time on my work to upgrade our server, which was running Xibo 1.7.7. We upgraded it to Xibo 1.8.9 which is the latest stable version.
The Upgrade guide can be found here.
The old set-up guide can be found in this thread on the community forums.

I will do my best to answer your questions, but cannot guarantee my full support!

Good luck and thank you for being an awesome community!

Rick

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to write that. My only observation would be that from what I can see you’re generating XMR configuration but never setting XMR up as a service or getting it running, so it won’t work.

I’d also advise downloading the CMS files from the official repo rather than your own server:
https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo-cms/releases/download/1.8.9/xibo-cms-1.8.9.tar.gz

I just changed the link, but kept the mirror just in case!
As for the XMR, I thought this was the correct way of setting this up. Guess I’ll need to dive into the documentation again to set this up. Will try to do this ASAP!
Thank you for the heads up and making this open source!

1 Like

Hi Rick,

Sorry to tell you the guides in citricks.net are showing 404 now. Can you repost the guides? Thanks a lot.

Hello Wai,

I’m sorry, I was migrating between webhosts to cut down the costs. It should be okay now, if it doesn’t, please clear the cookies for the website!

Best regards,

Rick

Hi Rick,

It’s ok now. Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Wai