Guide on how to install Xibo CMS on CentOS 7

Hello,

First of all I would like to thank the Xibo developers for creating this free and open-source software! Recently I had the idea to start a website where I had the possibility to create my own tutorials to help other people. Because Xibo is an interesting project I decided to create a tutorial on how to install the Xibo CMS on a CentOS 7 OS. The tutorial consists almost literally of ‘spoon feeding’. So without any knowledge about CentOS you can have your own CMS hosted on a free OS!
It’s not my intention to ‘advertise’ my website. If you still fill it is, then please just remove this post.
You can find the tutorial here.

Please let me know if you have something else that you would like to see. I can really use some feedback!

Thanks!

Thank you for the guide - it looks good to me. I’d like to have @alex take a quick look through before we give it out seal of approval :smile:

1 Like

Sure! I will keep an eye on this thread.

The website linked in your post is getting tagged by SEP as having a Trojan.Gen.2 virus

Hello,

I think this is because of the Monero miner that is active on my website (not in the background, a menu is shown in the sidebar to disable it). I’ll try to investigate what’s going on as this shouldn’t happen.

Thanks for reporting this message!

Best regards,

Rick