I have a real mystery going here. I have been running Xibo on a Ubuntu OS (LAMP but with a Desktop) for a number of years. I have been running the “Compose” install with no major problems. I upgraded from 1.8.1 over to the 2.x version earlier this year and did not encounter any problems until now.
The symptoms are as follows. The server is running and the CMS is apparently running “docker-compose up -d” with green on the xibo_cms_xmr, xibo_cms_db and xibo_cms_web.
Normally this would mean that if the CMS is running, using “localhost:” on the server would give you the webpage login, and that has always been the test of success. Then one could then login from another PC on the network, using a browser to the CMS address.
However in the last 3 weeks, even though the CMS is running (apparently) the webpage, fails to appear reporting that the server is not available. This manifests itself in Firefox, Chrome, Brave, Internet Explorer.
I thought it was an issue with the Virtual Machine (we host it on VMWARE) and attempted to restore the server to an earlier version prior to an OS update, but this had no effect. I then tried downing the server using “docker-compose down” and bringing it up again. but this didn’t seem to work as well.
I then tried about 30 minutes later and was able to login.
Wierd. There are no firewalls, so that would be a factor. I then created a new Ubuntu host completely with the latest CMS and tested it as well. It come on immediately.
Then again today we spotted that the old server was not accessible over the weekend but was working fine this morning, and we were then very surprised by the new server after restarting was ALSO not available for 15 minutes.
Very mysterious. Is there any way to check on the status of the CMS, or something we can do to identify the issue.