Xibo scheduling working on one display but not another

I’m not sure what can cause this.

You will need to enable auditing on that misbehaving player (Displays page -> Edit display -> Advanced tab -> Auditing) leave it with audit log level for some time then check the Log page in CMS for more details.

Log page can be filtered by the specific display, you can also adjust the interval so it would show more than the default last 120s of logs.
It will also post mediaInventory, requiredFiles and schedule information there, which could be helpful as well.

How does the schedule.xml looks on this player now?
Does it has all scheduled content with correct date&time there?

All content shows on the schedule.xml, and the date&time seems correct, its scheduled for always and the dates reflect that. I will turn on auditing and see what logs that can produce for me.

I didn’t see anything amiss in auditing, but when I look at the manage page, i do see this…image

Top part is the layout and bottom default layout. The top “Item” is about 20mb, and its saying all files completed downloading on the graphs. Not sure if this helps or what it means for a fix.

Thanks!

It could imply that this display had some issues downloading this specific file, although if it’s with that status now, presumably it did download it, perhaps you could clear the display cache (just Edit&Save display form) let it reconnect to the CMS and it should show updated data there.

While in auditing mode, it should also send the media inventory, requiredFiles status, which should also show if everything is up to date or not.

If the schedule.xml looks correct now and if you look at the Schedule page for that display in Agenda view and there it also reports correct layout, then it would seem everything is fine on that side.

If that display still switches to the default layout, then I’d expect some error messages to be logged about it, which you should be able to see in the CMS logs page or in the player status window.

After monitoring auditing for some time and trying to figure this out on my own, i had an opportunity to see a specific time while it was not playing my layout. This is the Auditing it gives me while it was displaying a default layout but the schedule.xml shows scheduled content, and managing the display shows it has all files downloaded. Interesting to note, if I edit the display and check the delete cache box it seems to start playing shortly after within 15-20 seconds.

The logs do not contain any useful information, I’d expect to see some relevant logs if the player misbehaves, but the ones you’ve posted do not tell us that. Player status window should also have relevant logs when the issue occurs.

I assume the layoutId 4 is the default layout that you would not expect to see?

Do you have interleave default option enabled on that display?

Regarding versions, is that on 1.8.4 CMS 1.8.3 player?
and the other player with exactly the same configuration still is working just fine?

They are both 1.8.3 player, 1.8.4 cms, and layoutid 4 is the default layout that shouldnt be playing.

Interleave default is set to: No

Other players still working well as Id expect them to.

and if you look at the schedule.xml does that look correct?
on player status window the scheduled layouts should also be displayed there.

If it is still auditing and has any issues I’d expect to see log messages about any issues there as well (and in CMS log page)

Unopenable Message: unknown block type is the only error i can seem to find in the logs, other than the previously posted logs reflect its playing my default (layout ID 4) even though the schedule.xml reflects that my media is scheduled, and defines the default layout (doesnt appear to be scheduled) but yet it sits on the default layout.

I’d like to see the content of the schedule.xml in the player library and a screenshot fo player status window please.

Is the display up to date on Displays page? (checkmark in status column) and if you open Manage page does that report everything as downloaded as well?

As for the XMR error, assuming that XMR is correctly configured, you can issue XMR reconfigure that should fix this error - Edit Display -> Advanced tab -> Reconfigure XMR & Save

xmr error fixed, Everything reports downloaded. The first two are shots of the information and status page, third is the schedule.xml

does the file 44.xlf exists in the player local library?

If you change the default layout to something else (preferably something very simple) would that be reflected on the player?

I assume in CMS this display is logged in and that PowerPoint is enabled in the display profile assigned to it?

Yes the 44.xlf exists, If I change the default layout, it reflects on the display.
Cms reflects logged in, all files downloaded, and power-point enabled. It may be worth a mention, this problem arose with the upgrade from 1.7.9 to 1.8.3, in previous versions it was not an issue. I dont know if that would have anything to do with it. Thanks!