Xibo Player does not show anything

Hello everybody

My problem is that the Xibo player displays no content on a Windows PC. A view of the “client information and status” shows the following errors:

Unable to Create new videoObject: Class not registered. (Excluding HRESULST: 0x080040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))

Prepare layout failed: Exception raised what: Specified argument is out of range. Parameter name: Unable to set and start a media node.

Layout change to … failed. Exception raised what: Specified argument is out of range. Parameter name: Unable to set and start a media node.

I already have two displays with Xibo in use. at the problematic display is a new installation of Xibo Player (additional Display)
I had no problems with the other displays except this one.

What are the meanings of those error messages and how do I fix them
Xibo CMS is still “Base Configured”. Except for layouts and displays nothing was changed

I hope you can help me

Greetings
CDS

I guess the main question is, is there anything different about this PC/player compared to your other players?

Is it 1.7.8 Xibo for Windows?

Do you have IE11 installed on this PC?

Do you have any empty regions on your layout?

Was it clean install without any issues? When you click ‘save’ in player options, does it display any errors there?

Is it logged in to the CMS?

Hi Peter,

installed version is 1.7.7 on all displays. All displays are Win10 clients. IE11 is also installed and configured as default browser.

There are no empty regions, there is one region over the entire screen which is to play a video from the library.

The installation of the player ran smoothly

The Display ist also logged in to the CMS. There is no default layout configured to the display. Screen profile ist set to Windows (but the other screens doesn’t have that configured).

I have installed everything in the same way as all other displays. I don’t know the fault.

Could you show us whole screenshot of status window on your device please?

What about windows updates / drivers / .net framework etc? Is all up to date on this PC?

Full Logfile:

UI Thread|02.07.2016 13:48:06|Error|Region - Eval Options|Unable to create new video object: Klasse nicht registriert (Ausnahme von HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG))
UI Thread|02.07.2016 13:48:06|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Prepare Layout Failed. Exception raised was: Das angegebene Argument liegt außerhalb des gültigen Wertebereichs.
Parametername: Unable to set and start a media node
UI Thread|02.07.2016 13:48:06|Error|MainForm - ChangeToNextLayout|Layout Change to C:\Users\admin\Documents\Xibo Library\16.xlf failed. Exception raised was: Das angegebene Argument liegt außerhalb des gültigen Wertebereichs.
Parametername: Unable to set and start a media node

Just to check, what’s your path to the CMS library in CMS settings?
Each player has its own local library path?

What do you have in regional tab in CMS settings?
Is the date/time on your PC correct?

What’s the duration of your layout?
Can this player display some simple default layout? (like just a text/image item for example)

You can also try to run the ‘verify all’ on modulues page, restart your client and give it a moment to download required files.

Did you just try to delete the new player and re-install it ?
Not a big solution but sometimes it’s enough :hushed:

I’m about to delete the local library once, so the client needs to load all the files again.

But if that won’t fix it I would try to re-install the player.

Thank you for your respoes

Does a display need to have an default layout?

yes it does.

It should be something simple, that’s not often changed.

So default layout should work as a backup layout when there is nothing scheduled / scheduled layout being downloaded / there is a problem with scheduled layout.

Hi All,
I’m encountering the same issues… Has been this problem solved?

This exception is thrown when this line of code:

((System.ComponentModel.ISupportInitialize)(this.axWindowsMediaPlayer1)).EndInit();

in \Media\VideoPlayer.Designer.cs file runs…

Any idea? I’d already cleaned library folder and bin/debug directory but exception is still thrown… :worried:

Ok, solved! Windows Media Player was missing from my Win10 installation…