Xibo Player 1.8.1 Lockups/Crashes

Good morning, I have recently updated from Xibo 1.7.3 to 1.8.1, both my player and my software. After the update the Windows Xibo player tends to crash a lot, and when I leave at night, sometime in the middle of the night it will lock up “Freeze”. When it locks up, I can’t even perform the i function to get the information as to what is happening. It never used to lock up on the older version. I am running the same stuff I ran on the older version, but I did have to recreate the Layout with the new version of software. Is there any type of log files I can get to see if I can find out what is happening with the player? I am running the Xibo 1.8.1 player on a Windows 7 pro 64 bit machine with 4gb of ram and an Intel Celeron G1820T @2.40Ghz., Intel HD Graphic adapter.

1 Like

What kind of content is displayed on the player?

Are there any spikes like 90%+ in CPU usage for example?

There should be logs in the CMS for that player, you could also enabled auditing for that display (edit display -> advanced tab), that will create more logs.

If that would not be helpful, you can also carefully follow the instructions here - How to get a Windows Player log for advanced debugging

Well, I have a bunch of different content being displayed. Here is what my layout looks like with all the different content being displayed.

I do notice with the Weather Radar Webpage I do receive a bunch of “Security Certificate” Messages from time to time.

I wonder if that could cause problems, would it be possible to temporarily remove that item from the layout and see if it will freeze without it?

I can remove the Weather Radar to see if that is the cause of the issue. Although I like having the Weather Radar in the rotation. That way we can see what is on it’s way here. I will remove it though temporarily.

After removing the Weather Radar Map, the player has been running for 24 hours without crashing or locking up. Do you by chance have a link to a Radar Map that would work with Xibo Player?

I see, it seems we’ve identified what was causing problems then.

I don’t think we’ve tested any of them enough to recommend one.

The forecast module can show weather with different templates, but it does not include radar maps.

Could you please also double check that you have correct entries in windows registry in regards to browser emulation and IE11 installed on your PC - Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

I would have to say that this issue is resolved. I have been running the unit for almost a week now without any lockup or crashing issues. Thank you for your assistance.