To be completed by the original poster:

CMS Version

Installation Method

Docker

Operating System

Ubuntu 18.04 (64 Bit)

Issue

Hi Team

Can you please tell me I would like to install Xibo-docker new version of Xibo on my VPS i already installed on my specific subdomain var/www/vhosts/domain.org/adv.domain.org/xibo-docker

And I finish with configuring the config and I execute the command

And the installation was going well but on the end give me this error
Starting xibodocker_cms-web_1 …
Starting xibodocker_cms-web_1 … error

ERROR: for xibodocker_cms-web_1 Cannot start service cms-web: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint xibodocker_cms-web_1 (b7299bdbb6e65d1a0737d13a89a6c942ee1378c3014ce059e4b194edc0d06462): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use

ERROR: for cms-web Cannot start service cms-web: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint xibodocker_cms-web_1 (b7299bdbb6e65d1a0737d13a89a6c942ee1378c3014ce059e4b194edc0d06462): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

this is a Webhosting and I’m using Plesk this domain is already created on the Plesk panel maybe that’s the installation is confused how can I fix that?

Thank you for your Help

Thanks in Advance

Hi n00b, thanks for the interest in Xibo and welcome to the community forum!

The error you are seeing could be returned because you have a service running that is already using port 80, which is the default port for your CMS.

To resolve this, I would recommend either locating and stopping the service that is already using port 80, or you will need to change the port used by your CMS. You should use the file named cms_custom-ports.yml.template instead of the docker-compose.yml to do that.

First use the docker-compose down command to stop the containers. Next you will need to edit cms_custom-ports.yml.template and change the ports entry under the cms-web section. You can see in my screenshot that the default docker-compose.yml file has the following settings. I have highlighted the ports entry I’m referring to:

By default, you can see it’s set to "80:80". The value on the left refers to the port for the host machine, while the value on the right is for the cms-web container. You need to change the value on the left to a port that is not in use on your host machine. Once you have done that, make sure to save the changes and rename that file to cms_custom-ports.yml.

Now you have modified the custom ports yml file, you must start your containers with the following command, so that the correct yml is used:

docker-compose -f cms_remote-mysql.yml up -d

Can you confirm if the issue persists after following these instructions?

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW

Thank you for your fast answer, 4 years ago i had installed Xibo Old CMS so the installation was via web.

But i migrated the server to another VPS and maybe the old Xibo is using the port but im getting 500 error , may i ask you if i simple delete the old folder with the configuration will be solved this problem?

Thanks for your help

Best Regards

So just for confirmation should i change this port

Did i understand correct?

Because when i change this port is giving me a error

xibodocker_cms-xmr_1 is up-to-date
xibodocker_cms-quickchart_1 is up-to-date
Starting xibodocker_cms-web_1 …
Starting xibodocker_cms-web_1 … error

ERROR: for xibodocker_cms-web_1 Cannot start service cms-web: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint xibodocker_cms-web_1 (5bea10c4d71dd088b5ad31de9ad3066235f059b6eb3a28b3f1665108c752dceb): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use

ERROR: for cms-web Cannot start service cms-web: driver failed programming external connectivity on endpoint xibodocker_cms-web_1 (5bea10c4d71dd088b5ad31de9ad3066235f059b6eb3a28b3f1665108c752dceb): Error starting userland proxy: listen tcp 0.0.0.0:80: bind: address already in use
ERROR: Encountered errors while bringing up the project.

Thank you for your reply and screenshots. That is indeed the value to change in the cms_custom-ports.yml.template file.

Can you confirm that you:

• First used the docker-compose down command to stop the initial containers that partly started?
  • Then renamed cms_custom-ports.yml.template to cms_custom-ports.yml?
  • Then used the command docker-compose -f cms_remote-mysql.yml up -d to start the containers but using the custom ports yml you have edited?

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW

I’m doing how you say please confirm that I’m doing it as should from the gif file:

xibo

Kind Regards

Thank you for your message and GIF of the issue. I can see in this screenshot where the issue is arising:

The first line shows you are modifying a yml file named cms_custom-ports, but then you are running the command docker-compose -f cms_remote-mysql.yml up -d. This is my mistake, the command I passed on is referencing the wrong yml. Can you instead run:

docker-compose -f cms_custom-ports.yml up -d

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW

I finally manage to fix this. I found out that i have already started 5 xibo tasks :smiley:

And that’s why there was a problem.

So I delete all of them and I recreate another one on port 80 and I manage to create an SSL via Plesk is very easy for that, so thanks for your help xibo is working and now I need to install some clients.

Kind Regards

Thank you for the update on the issue and for confirming that the service using port 80 was in fact other Xibo containers. Great news that you can now proceed to set up your clients and events.

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.