Xibo Installation problems with 1.7.9

Hallo togehther,

i try to install xibo 1.7.9 on a Synology NAS DS 216j. iI have copy the unzip file into the web folder and then i write in internet explorer 192.168.2.100/xibo/install.php
Then the first mask i see and there i have many misstakes you can see with an “x”:

1. File System Permissions - Write access required for settings.php and install.php

2. SOAP Extension - PHP SOAP extension required to function.

3. Gettext - PHP Gettext support to function.

4. Large File Uploads - You probably want to allow larger files to be uploaded than is currently available with your PHP configuration.
    We suggest setting your PHP post_max_size and upload_max_size to at least 128M, and also increasing your max_execution_time to at least 120 seconds.

5. Internationalization - International Support for formatting Dates, Numbers, etc.Translations will still function without this PHP module, however dates, times and numbers will not be shown in your locale.

The php.ini i had open it with the config file editor for synology and the php.ini looks like so:

[PHP]
engine = On
short_open_tag = On
asp_tags = Off
precision = 14
output_buffering = 4096
zlib.output_compression = Off
implicit_flush = Off
serialize_precision = 17
disable_functions =
disable_classes =
zend.enable_gc = On
expose_php = Off
max_execution_time = 240
max_input_time = 60
memory_limit = 128M
error_reporting = E_ALL & ~E_NOTICE & ~E_STRICT & ~E_DEPRECATED
display_startup_errors = Off
log_errors = On
log_errors_max_len = 1024
ignore_repeated_errors = Off
ignore_repeated_source = Off
report_memleaks = On
track_errors = Off
html_errors = Off
variables_order = "GPCS"
request_order = "GP"
register_argc_argv = Off
auto_globals_jit = On
post_max_size = 128M
default_mimetype = "text/html"
default_charset = "UTF-8"
include_path = "."
extension_dir = "/usr/lib/php/modules"
sys_temp_dir = "/var/services/tmp"
enable_dl = Off
file_uploads = On
upload_tmp_dir = "/var/services/tmp"
upload_max_filesize = 128M
max_file_uploads = 20
allow_url_fopen = On
allow_url_include = Off
default_socket_timeout = 60

But the other misstakes i don´t find the right.

Please can you say me the right way how i can fix the problems in step by step

Thanks

Kussel

Which version of DSM do you have on the Synology? Also which backend are you using to run Xibo, Nginx or Apache and and version if using Apache.

If using DSM 6 or higher I believe you will want to make the changes via Web Station -> PHP Settings -> Advanced Settings -> Core and Extensions tabs.

Installierte DSM Version: DSM 6.1-15047 Update 1

And i use ngix

In the settings of webstation (new in DSM 6.x) i had put it on the types an now ist going on till the max_upload from php.ini,

I downloaded the config editor for synology and i changed the max-upload from 32M to 128m and saved the php.ini…
A reset of xibo doesnt help

What is wrong?
Thanks

I have not seen the Config Editor for Synology. I will check that out, might save me some hassles.

I know that the Synology devices have about 5 php.ini files, the only thing I can think of is the one that needs the change, is not the one being changed? On my test setup with Xibo, I ended up changing the setting on all of the php.ini files via telnet. Some get reset after reboots, and some after upgrades.

Did you change the Configuration Editor so that it works on DSM 6? Also, I see people saying that the configuration is getting overwritten on reboot. So that might be something to note.

Hi slaughter,

here you can download the config editor:
http://mertymade.com/syno/
scroll down and you see it.
DSM 6.XX have many problems like the rights you know what i mean?
Yes i have changed it. at the evening i post the path in the config editor i mount the php.ini

Thanks to you
Markus