Xibo Docker Plesk Installation

Hello,
the last years i’m working with Xibo without XMR.
Because i’m setup a new Plesk Onyx 17.5.3. with Cent OS 7 (there ist docker possible) i want to install a new Xibo with Docker and also XMR… But seems a problem, because its not able to connect to XMR…

I’m startet a xibo-cms and a xibo-xmr container… they start and i copied the library and database from the old manuell installation to the cms database (hosted on the host…)
Xibo starting,… changing layouts, connecting screens,… all work…

But XMR state on the windows client always Disconnected… the xmr container is set up with debug function, so i see that its listening to 9505 and 50001… i have changed to option of xmr and cms… that the port mapping is manuell and i’m able to configure the docker proxy… so i have add a proxyrule to the subdomain infoscreen.mydomain to the cms container with port 80… so i’m able to connect to infoscreen.mydomain and xibo is there… all work…
i have add another submain xmr.mydomain. and add the proxy rule 9505…
the port 50001 and 9505 is opend in the firewall…

i have used 2 subdomains because when i’m using 3 proxyrules in 1 subdomain (with the ports 80,9505 and 50001) i wasn’t able to connect to the cms… im not understand that…

did anybody have configured xibo with xmr on docker on plesk onyx??

i have read all the topics with docker installation, but it wasn’t possible to get that work…

I’m also not unterstood the ofter written cms-xmr as hostname in the cms config… the docker containers are not possible to ping this hostname… is there any fail configuration on my system?? where are the hostnames from the containers stored?

Thanks a lot… Sorry for my english,… and sorry that i’m not understanding the 1000 other topics… shame

That’s my configs

You have your XMR ports mapped as follows:

Private: 50001 -> 32769
Public: 9505 -> 32770

So in your Xibo settings, you’ll want to set the XMR public address to tcp://yourservernameorip:32770 and the private address to tcp://yourservernameorip:32769.

Note however as it stands you’re exposing the private port to the network, and it isn’t designed to be run that way. You should ensure you setup a firewall to prevent access to that port except from the CMS itself.

The setting for XMR private port is hidden by default, as we pre-set that value correctly when using the recommended docker-compose installation method. You’ll need to either change that value directly in the database, or unhide the setting from the UI with the following SQL:

update setting set userSee=1,userChange=1 where settting="XMR_ADDRESS";

OK thanks!, it works fine!!

But i have changed the port mapping to 50001 > 50001 and 9505 > 9505 because i’m not using this ports on the host system :slight_smile:

That’s great. Just keep in mind port 50001 shouldn’t be available from the internet, so you’ll want to be sure your firewall blocks access to that port from outside your server.

You don’t have to setting up a mysql database, use the plesk mysql… you connected throw the internal ip address… in my case 172.17.0.1…