Xibo 2.0.0 DataSet does not render on client

I am creating a new layout with a DataSet. The page renders correctly in the designer preview, but the DatSet does not turn up in the Windows client (latest V2-R200)

In the above, the layout had the ‘Test Text’ added after the DataSet to check that the client picked up the update.

…any thoughts?

Edit:

Reverted to client 1.8.12 - same problem.

Checked client logs and found:

ScheduleManagerThread|04/04/2019 15:21:32|Error|Schedule - OnScheduleManagerCheckComplete|Agent threads/XMR is dead, not updating status.json

FileAgent_resource_Id_550|04/04/2019 15:21:36|Error|FileAgent - Run|Exception in Run: There is an error in XML document (954, 2).

** Edit 2 **

The client seems hellbent on downloading the dataset, even though I have deleted it from the layout, so this display won’t update at all now because the download keeps freezing. I have deleted the library on the client but that makes no difference. I have even changed the whole layout for the display and it won’t pick it up.VERY frustrating.

** Edit 3 **

I can get the screen to refresh by creating a new display profile and ticking “Expire Modified Layouts” (You cannot edit the existing profile because the change is not saved - others have reported this). This helps with modifying the layout but does nothing to help make the DataSet appear…but…

Further: I suspect that the server-side function that is rendering the XML DataSet object that gets sent to the display is tripping up on parsing the text in one column/field and getting ‘lost’ and producing invalid XML - perhaps for example, if the field data coming back from JIRA includes ‘>’ or ‘<’ characters??. By restricting the JIRA JQL query to three results only, and making sure they only have alpha-numeric characters in all fields, the (small) DataSet renders OK on the client display.

Thanks for your report.

You mention JIRA. I presume you’re taking some json from Jira, and importing that in to a dataset?

If that’s the case, are you able to share privately some json that causes the issue so we can replicate this locally and get it addressed please?

Regarding the display settings profile not remembering the Expire Modified Layouts option, I see that behaviour here and have opened an issue for it so that it gets addressed in 2.0.2 release.

Alex, thanks for the reply. Yes, the source data is coming over in JSON format from JIRA. I’ll prepare an example - it’ll need some sanitizing as it relates to client tickets; it might be a day or so before I can do this.

1 Like

Issue with JIRA data appears to be some unicode characters which invalidate the GetResource response that the Player consumes.

I’ve logged it here with a minimal test case: