Xibo 1.8rc03 docker install?

Hello Community!

3-4 weeks ago i installed docker 1.8rc02 with docker and like the manual said i had to install libsodium and more and zeroMQ so that XMR works fine. But now there is nothing like that? So do i just need the docker image?

Hope anyone can help me! :slight_smile:

If you’re running with Docker, everything you need is included in the Docker image. There’s never been any need to install XMR or it’s dependencies on your host machine, as there’s a Docker image provided to run XMR for you (which includes all those things).

All you need is Docker and docker-compose

1 Like

okay thank you for that!
And now if i want to login by http://localhost “Fatal Error - sorry this shouldn’t happen. SQLSTATE[28000][1045] Access denied for user cms@172.18.0.4 usind password:NO” Whats that?
But how do i stop and start the xibo ? In 1.8rc2 it was ./launcher stop and start and now? I am new in docker-compose … And i dont find something for that in the manual.

You need to read the release notes which explains how to convert between launcher and compose.

Starting and stopping is indeed covered in the manual.

1 Like

i am sorry i found it!

Sorry again but i dont find a solution for “Fatal Error - sorry this shouldn’t happen. SQLSTATE[28000][1045] Access denied for user cms@172.18.0.4 usind password:NO” so i made a password with random case and digits. And now i get the error:
Fatal Error - sorry this shouldn’t happen. SQLSTATE[28000][1045] Access denied for user cms@172.18.0.4 usind password:YES" in the install manual is something for external MYSQL but this is not what i want, i want to use MYSQL from xibo itself. And in the Realese notes is something with the MYSQL_PASSWORD but i dont upgraded it. I installed it from cratch on a new ubuntu system.

I you’re converting from launcher, you need to use the same password as you used before with launcher. You can’t pick a new random one in that case

Iam confused. I installed on a new system. How could it be that i need to use the MYSQL Password from the launcher.env on the other system? And in the xibo-docker file I downloaded I dont have a launcher.env only a config.env.template and the new copied config.env

Sorry with you mentioning launcher, I thought you were trying to upgrade.

If you’ve set a new random password in config.env, then down the containers, remove the contents of the shared directory (which will delete the database and CMS data there) and then bring them back up again to get a fresh build.

docker-compose down
sudo rm -r shared
docker-compose up -d

You’ll only get one shot at starting the MySQL container for it to create and set the password on the account the CMS uses.

1 Like

Now it works! :slight_smile:
Thank you!