Windows player plays old layouts

Hello,

I have imported some older layouts, which where created in 1.8.9, into 1.8.10
Then I changed the password for the Admin user.
After that, the layouts have all disappeared. I don’t know why, and I don’t know how!, but they were gone.
EDIT-0: Changing the Admin user had nothing to do with the loss of the layouts. I restarted the computer and that caused the loss of the layouts. See EDIT-3 below.

So, I have created new layouts with text and images and made a campaign. So far so good.
But, the windows player is playing the old layouts, which have dissapeared.

It looks like a cache problem from the player. Can I delete the cache somewhere?
Or is this a “known” issue?

EDIT-1: Also, the secret key changes also everytime I reboot the PC.
Gladfully this is only a test enviroment, just to test before the rowing club will buy this.
But for now, the problems are serious.

EDIT-2: I am using:
Docker on windows 10 64bit.
Player 1.8.10
Google Chrome and Firefox (to test if the problems come from one of these browsers)
Also, Chrome (which is installed in Dutch) shows the UI in English.
Firefox, (also installed in Dutch) shows the UI in Dutch.

EDIT-3: This all seems to happen after I restart or shutdown the computer.
When the computer is (re)started, all the layouts, campaigns and schedules are gone.
Also the welcome-tutorial is starting all over again.
Maybe it has something to do with user rights on this computer? Although I am an Administrator.

Please help me, in this way I can’t use Xibo. And that would be a shames, it seems a great tool and cms and…

Why is this happening?

Hope to hear from you,
Regards, Peter

Please see https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_docker_win10_64bit.html#special_considerations
in short you’d need to stop/start the containers after reboot - a scheduled task to run shortly after windows startup with these two commands can be a good solution to this.

What’s the language set in the CMS Settings → regional
do you have the detect language checkbox enabled?

The CMS secret Key? I believe that is related to the docker for windows bug mentioned earlier, same as user credentials.

Again, that is most likely due to the docker for windows bug.

If you’d experience any problems after ensuring that stop/start containers after restart, please do let us know.

Hello Peter,

Please see https://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/install_docker_win10_64bit.html#special_considerations
in short you’d need to stop/start the containers after reboot - a scheduled task to run shortly after windows startup with these two commands can be a good solution to this.

This seems to work great. I must have not seen this,
Thanks for pointing this out. Layouts, Campaigns, Schedules and Admin account is now ok.

But, the windows player is playing the old layouts, which have dissapeared.
“Again, that is most likely due to the docker for windows bug.”

This is not solved, yet. After stopping and starting the containers it still plays the old campaign and schedule.
I checked for the campaign, but it is not listed.
Is there a way to clear the cache, or may be there is an other solution for this?

I want to have this working, so I can test the system. Maybe I have a big customer who is interested in this.

Regards, Peter

You can edit&save display to clear display cache in CMS.

Could you please show me a screenshot of status window on this device?
(press i on your keyboard to show it while player has focus)

You can also have a look at the schedule.xml file in the player library and see if that has correct data in it.
Double check on Schedule page -> Agenda view to ensure the schedule looks correct there.

Hello Peter,

I have pressed “I” when player has focus:

I can’t the schedule.xml. Would you please tell me the location of this file?

Also, after double checking the Schedule - agenda, and the Capaign, I don’t see anywhere the old background picture.

Regards, Peter

Does all the layouts listed there ie:
4,7, 8, 10, 11, 12, 14 and overlay layout id 13 all with always daypart.
look correct ie are those the ids of the layouts that you wanted to schedule to this player?

Assuming that these are correct layout Ids, could you tell me which layout shows old content?
Or perhaps is it the overlay layout the one showing old content?

schedule.xml is in C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Xibo Library\
In it you will find the same list of layouts and their dependants.

The XMR isn’t configured, but that’s not the main problem (in production environment you will want to have it though).
Since it’s docker all you need to do is navigate to the CMS Settings -> Displays tab
and in XMR Public Address enter (in this case) IP of your PC with docker on port 9505 (assuming you’re using the default ports when starting docker containers), something like:
tcp://192.168.0.60:9505 but with the IP of you PC of course.

Hi,

1. all the listed layouts are available, and seems to be ok.

This is the background it should be:

1. All of the layouts show the old “content”, better said: They show the correct text, but the background image is not correct, ie it is not the background which shows in the layouts.

The overlaylayout is also correct:

1. Schedule also seems to be ok:

2. I have set the XMR ip-address (10.0.0.165). I have edited the “display” in the CMS to clear the cache, but nothing is working.

As it is a testing environment, maybe I should re-install and try again?

Thanks for your help so far.
Regards, Peter

You could clear the player library (or perhaps just the content of backgrounds folder) or perhaps even better, open player options, change the library path, add 2 at the end for example:
C:\Users\Peter\Documents\Xibo Library2

Player will then re-download all required files once again, assuming CMS is sending correct layout.xlf files then player should show correct background there.

Assuming that it is an address that player can reach and that it is docker with default ports you should only need to put
tcp://10.0.0.165:9505
In XMR Public address in CMS settings → Displays tab.

Hi, This did it!. I only tried the last part: by adding the “2” at the end, restarting the player, and now it is working. I am happy!

I have checked this, and it seems ok. My internal IP-range is 10.0.0.xxx

THANKS! for all the help.

Regards, Peter