Windows player image size display issue

Hello,

We are running Xibo CMS 1.8.9, and Windows players 1.8.8 under Administrator account.

Player Settings profile is set to:

Width 1920
Height 1080

Layouts with region (1920x1080) play videos and webpages (size specified as 1920x1080 @ Best Fit) correctly.

When we try an image (1920x1080 or even smaller) in the same layout it displays the image zoomed in to the top left of the image.

I have tried to replicate the issue with a newly registered player, the image displayed correctly the first time the player was registered, however after a reboot the issue persists.

Even the main initial Xibo splashcreen that appears first is zoomed in for some reason.

I am including the “Xibo Library” folder from the player zipped up for your reference at the link below. Two screenshots are also included.

https://filesender.oist.jp/filesender/download.php?vid=2346919e-cd1b-0d88-9be9-00007a8e8826

Would appreciate any assistance in this.

Thank you very much!

Thank you for the Library files, I could not locate the screenshots you mentioned.

Can you first upgrade your Player to the Latest version, which is 1.8.12-133, restart the device and confirm if the issue is resolved? If it is not resolved, please send a copy of your exported Layout so I can test this further.

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW,

Thank you for the recommendation. To upgrade, do we just run the install package (xibo-client-1.8.12-win32-x86.msi)? Will the old settings be retained? Sorry I could not find upgrade instructions on:

https://xibo.org.uk/docs/setup/xibo-for-windows-installation

BTW the screenshots are in the root of the zip file.

2019-02-19 14_12_55-Xibo Digital Signage.png
2019-02-19 15_53_15-Xibo Digital Signage.png

Thanks again!

You are correct, you only need to save the msi file onto the device and run it to begin the upgrade process. Your old settings will be retained when upgrading the Xibo Player so you should not need to reenter them.

Many Thanks.

Hi DanBW,

Thank you for your help with this. Updating the players to the latest version solved the issue.

Cheers,
Justin