Windows Media Player cannot find the file

I am new to using xibo and have inherited a system that was already set up. When we upload new videos to our library then put them in our default layout the screen plays the videos for a little while just fine and then after some time it starts throwing the following errors after it goes to a partial white screen. Once I close the player and re-open the default layout displays fine and then its starts all over. We haven’t seen this issue until recently.

UI Thread|11/3/2019 8:45:27 PM|Error|ImagePosition|Cannot create Image Object with exception: Out of memory.

UI Thread|11/3/2019 8:45:37 PM|Error|Image - Dispose|Cannot dispose Image Object with exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

UI Thread|11/3/2019 8:46:07 PM|Error|VideoPlayer - ErrorEvent|C:\Users\jsignage\Documents\Xibo Library\489.mp4. Ex = Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.

UI Thread|11/3/2019 8:48:58 PM|Error|VideoPlayer - ErrorEvent|C:\Users\jsignage\Documents\Xibo Library\488.mp4. Ex = Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are trying to play, burn, or sync an item that is in your library, the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted.

Thank you for your message and the errors you are receiving. The first error suggests your PC is low on Memory, the following errors suggest the files cannot be located by Windows Media Player. My first recommendation would be to make sure that all of your drivers are up to date PC, especially for your Video/Graphics card.

Can you also confirm:

• What version of the Xibo Player you are using?
  • What version of Windows is it installed on?
  • How much RAM does you PC have?
  • How many videos and images are in your Layout?
  • If you reduce the number of Videos in your Layout, does the performance improve?

Many Thanks.

Thank you Dan for the quick response. I have used device manager to make sure that drivers are up to date. We are using Xibo Player 1.7.9, Windows 8.1 Enterprise, 4 GB of RAM, and there are 2 videos between (2:30-3 minutes a piece) and 5 images that are .jpg’s. If we reduce down the number of videos down to 0 and just have images we do not see any issues.

Thank you for letting me know the version of the Xibo Player you are using. as well as confirming that the issues do not occur when there are no videos scheduled.

You may find that upgrading the Player to a newer version helps, what version is your CMS? If you are using a 1.8 CMS, you could upgrade your Players to version 1.8.12, or if you are using Version 2 CMS you could download the latest version of the player from the Xibo website.

I also wonder what happens if you only have 1 of your videos scheduled, does the issue still occur? I would recommend monitoring the RAM and other resource usage on that device in case this explains the sudden issues you are experiencing.

Many Thanks.