Win32 x86 Xibo-Client 1.7.9: %Temp% directory filled up with scoped_dirxxx_xxx directories

The Win32 x86 Xibo-Client 1.7.9 seems to be creating a directory under %temp% called scoped_dirxxx_xxx where x is a set of numbers. It will keep creating this forever and doesn’t seem to clean them up ever. Anybody seen this before and know a way to resolve it? I would rather not have to write a script to clean up the temp directory.

Those aren’t created by Xibo - apparently they are related to Chrome. If you haven’t got Chrome installed it could well be the webkit browser engine if you have “Use CEF as the Web Browser” ticked in your display profile.

Yes. I have that ticked because it is the only way I can get the page to display and refresh properly. Do you know if any way to force it to clean up these?

Sorry - i’ve no idea i’m afraid.

A heads up - the CEF support has been removed in 1.8 due to it being unreliable and not achieving the goals we set out to achieve. Unless your page is Chrome specific, there shouldn’t be any reason it wouldn’t render in IE11.

Thanks. I guess I will just have to reprogram the pages so that they render properly with IE11.

We have the early beginnings of a cross platform player which will use CEF (via a very different mechanism) - so you could always wait for that.

I’ve no idea on the timescale though.

I got most of it working. Mostly scaling and transparency issues. Guess I will have to live without transparency.