WebOS Top Status Bar

We are looking at replacing our 100+ displays at our venue to LG webOS displays to simplify management (no more attached windows players!) My LG rep gave me a loaner so I could test Xibo out, and I got everything working fairly quickly, my only issue is the black display bar at the top ins’t auto hiding. Is there a setting for this? Or could it be because I don’t have a license for it? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you for your message. Glad to hear you are testing the webOS Player as a possible replacement for your Windows Players.

Regarding the Action bar that appears at the top of the screen, it will be set on a timer as to when it auto hides. The default time is 30 seconds, if this is still too long or does not appear to be working, I would recommend changing the duration. To change the duration:

• Click the button at the end of the webOS Profile you are using with your test Players and choose Edit from the menu.
  • This will open the edit profile window, click the Advanced tab and you will see what is shown in the below screenshot:
  • Set the Action Bar Display Duration to the period in seconds that you would like the bar to hide after.
  • Save to confirm.

Now that you have done this, you will need to make sure your Player is aware of the change. The Player will be given this new configuration the next time it connects to your CMS on the Collection interval you have set. You may also need to restart the Player after it has collected the changes to implement them.

Once you have done this, can you confirm if the bar is now disappearing after the time you have set in seconds? If it is not, please confirm the model of your LG display, the version of the Player you have installed and the firmware version of the Display.

Many Thanks.