WebOS LG tv xibo doesn't launch automatically at tv start

Hi,

I would like to make Xibo launch automatically when the LG tv is powered on, but I couldn’t find anything that would make the Xibo for webOS launch automatically.

Is there any way to do so?

Some information:

CMS: Xibo Digital Signage - Version 1.8.12
IPK: Xibo for webOS 1.8 R16
Tv: 49SM5D-BH

Thank you.

Thank you for your message. This is quite an unusual issue as the Xibo Player is by default opened automatically once installed on a webOS Display. I have yet to hear from a user who has had to manually set the Player to open on startup. Did the Xibo Player previously open automatically on this Display?

I would recommend checking your System settings on the Display to see if anything has been changed that might explain why your Display is not opening the app. It may also be that there is a slight delay to the Player starting, have you allowed the Display a minute to start just in case?

If you cannot locate any settings that would explain this behaviour, I would suggest a factory reset on the Display to see if this resolves the issue. you may also want to be sure that the Firmware on the Display is up to date too. According to our Firmware guide, the latest Firmware for your Display is 04.03.10, if you are not running this version, I would recommend upgrading to it.

As a side note, if you should resolve this issue, could you post the solution on this thread please? Obviously no pressure to do so but it would be helpful to have a record of this issue being resolved in case other users find themselves in the same situation.

Many Thanks.