WebOS Layout will not load

So I do not see this behavior with cloud hosted Xibo. I never receive the layout error message and layout loads instantly. I exported the layout and imported into my cloud trial so everything on the layout should be the same.

Thank you for the feedback on the performance difference when XMR is configured or when using a Cloud hosted CMS.

mbeckler83, can you confirm if you have been using a Docker or Custom CMS installation type? If Custom, please provide details about your setup. Also if it is a Custom setup, can you confirm the Download Mode setting in your CMS? You would find it in the Settings option under the General Settings.

Many Thanks.

HI,

I’m using the docker install type on Centos 7.

I do not see anything about Download mode in Settings General settings. I attempted to compare my settings to the cloud version and they seemed the same from what I can see. It seems very odd to me that get failed to parse layout with local but not cloud version.

Thank you for confirming your installation type. You will not find the option in a Docker setup, as this is pre-configured.

I will look further into this and update you when I have more information.

Many Thanks.

Further to my previous message, can you confirm if you are using a reverse proxy with your Docker setup?

Many Thanks.

I wasn’t at the initial setup of this. I have since setup a reverse proxy and I see same failed to parse layout with reverse proxy and without. (My reverse proxy is also on a fully separate server so I can bypass it currently)

Matt

Hi All,

Another update just to rule out any weirdness with my initial install. I installed CENTOS from scratch and re-followed docker install steps. Imported my layout just like I did with the cloud version and still getting failed to parse layout on brand new server system. Obviously I could just go to cloud but I like the idea of having server locally. It is very weird that no issues with cloud only local xibo. I think final thing I can try is Ubunutu or different version of Linux although in theory with docker it shouldn’t make a difference?

(Update)
Works brilliantly with a proper license. I think it was just past the 14 day limit.
Thanks!

I think the only place I can go from here is to start exploring network issues in my server environment since it works perfectly fine from the cloud (While it goes over our network it doesn’t hit the same switches)

Well R16 didn’t fix this… Still first after install and restart layout loads instantly. Second time power on display layout will not load for 30s to 1 minute.

As I mentioned I tried a brand new install of Xibo Docker on Centos and no luck. It does work fine over cloud however which I just can’t figure out what the difference is.