WebOS Layout will not load

Hi, we’ve been using xibo for android for a year or so with no problems. I downloaded CMS and Xibo for WebOS this morning to use on a supported LG monitor. Everything looks fine in preview, but the layout will not load, I just get the splash screen. There are no empty regions, all widgets are running fine. It simply will not play. Any thoughts? Thanks!

I believe you’ve created a support ticket with us about it, we will continue to work with you on this issue via the ticket system.

Hello!

I have similar issues, I have tried on different models of lg monitors but the content take a long time to display, and every time we send an update the splash screen appear and doesnt show the content until I reboot the monitor. Should I open a ticket or you can give me some advice here?

Can you confirm the LG Display you are using is on the recommended Hardware List for webOS displays? If the Display you are using is not on the list, it will not be supported by Xibo.

If your monitor is on the Hardware List, please send a screenshot of the Status page on the Display. You can access the Status page by clicking the OK, Enter or Select button on your remote control while the Xibo app is running and choose Status from the Action Bar at the top of the screen.

You are welcome to send the Status screenshot to me in a private message.

Many Thanks.

I’m also seeing this and similar issues and my display that is on supported hardware list I was excited to have built in Xibo player but it has not been super reliable in my few days of testing so far. Updates to layouts take forever to refresh. Sometimes it will say invalid layout even though it plays fine in preview and other devices, other times it will say valid layout and just show the splash screen for long periods. (usually finally gets layout after 10 minutes or so). I have LG 43SM5KD , my biggest issue is try to design layouts since basically to get it to refresh any content I have to copy layout after making changes and assign new layout to get it to actually refresh. I don’t remember having to do this on Android.

Thank you for confirming the model of your webOS display. Can you confirm what version of Xibo for webOS you are using?

Can you also provide a screenshot of the Status page on the Display. To access the Status page, click the OK or Enter button on your remote while the Xibo app is running and choose Status from the Action Bar at the top of the screen.

If you would prefer, you can send the screenshot to me in a private message.

Many Thanks.

I will say soon as I posted this it has been behaving so far today. I do have a picture from this morning of the Status page with the Xibo logo still in the background. I have check interval to 1 minute and it took around 10 minutes before it actually started displaying the layout. I will get that screenshot to you via msg shortly.

Also I have discovered that if I go to default layout on displays and re-select default layout it seems to force a refresh of the layout.

Hey All,

Just an fyi. I downgraded to R12 and seems to load the layout right away and I don’t get splash screen for more then 5 seconds or so. I will report back after running at this version for a few days. I first attempted to upgrade to R14 but that was even worse.

Thanks
Matt

Spoke too soon. Broke again after turning it on and off again…Going to see if I can get a screenshot of info screen while it is working.

EDIT:
So upgrading to R14 and downgrading back to R12 it will display layout right away after R12 install. If I turn off screen and then back on then I start getting unable to load layout.

Hi!

I’m having similar issues here. Any news? Did you get it to work at all?
Im running on the R15 client now and everything seems to work, it just refuses to download new material.

Can you provide more information about the issue you’re experiencing?

For example, can you confirm:

• The CMS version and install type you are using (Docker or Custom).
  • The Model Number of the Display.
  • The Firmware version of the Display.
  • A screenshot of your Status page.
  • More information regarding the Display refusing to download. If there are any error codes, please also include them.

Many Thanks.

I’m currently running R10 in production which seems to be really stable. No issue so far. I just got a test display to play around a bit with R15.

Sorry if i am hijacking this thread but i have almost the same issue.
CMS: Custom 1.8.7
Display: LG 32sm5kh-8
Firmware: 04.02.20
webOS: 3.3.0-23
Player: R15
No apparent errorcodes. It just sits there, registers as logged in and online.
I can get screenshots and everything.
But it blindly refuses to change the schedueled layout. Even a new default wont go on.

(If needed i can start my own thread on this)
=T=

Thank you for the information, I cannot seem to locate an LG Display with that model number, can you double check it is correct?

Can you also provide a screenshot of the Status page for the Display? You can access the Status page by clicking the OK or Enter button on your remote while the Xibo Player is running. Next select Status from the Action Bar at the top of the screen.

Many Thanks.

The screen is this one:

Screenshot will be up asap.
=T=

My images.
All the info did not fit on one page.
I forgot to mention that im using the demo version so far.

Thank you for providing the information. I can see that there is a newer Firmware version available for your Display that is recommended for Xibo for webOS, 04.03.10. Can you upgrade your Firmware to the Latest version please?

Thank you also for confirming that the Display is running on a trial. Once the Player has passed the 14 day trial period, it will no longer receive new schedule information from your CMS.

Many Thanks.

Allrighty then!
I will get the update and kick my financeguy in the rear and get a licence!

=T=

1 Like

Thank you confirming you will upgrade and License the Player. If you could continue to update whether the issue is resolved, that would be helpful.

Many Thanks.

So some more updates on this. It was noted that I did not have XMR configured previously. With that not configured it took approximately 10 minutes for the default layout to load on R15. Now that I have XMR setup and I recieved my test screen the default layout still gives “Failed to parse layout error” but will load after approximately 30 seconds (tested about 5 times). So I think part of the problem was not have XMR configured when using R15. I’m still unsure why R10 works fine and still loads the default layout quicker.

I’m going to try out the cloud version of xibo and see if I experience same issue.