Weather Module Wrong Information

Hey there ,

I’m using the last CMS version , but i encoutered a problem related to Weather’s information , i don’t know why , but i have wrong information , it’s 17°C outside but the weather shows 5°C even for the 3 days forcast i got the same problem. Is there is something that i missed ? i have a valid API key

Thank’s a lot everyone,

Can you confirm that you have set the Longitude and Latitude coordinates for your Display?

If you open the Layout containing the Weather Widget and select the Edit option on the Weather Widget, you should see under the General tab that there is a checkbox named Use the Display Location. Make sure that this option is ticked. Save to confirm any changes.

Next select the Displays option in your CMS, click on the down facing triangle at the end of the Display that will be using the Weather Layout and choose Edit from the menu. You will see under the Location tab that you can enter the Longitude and Latitude for that Display. If you have not set these values already, I would recommend doing so.

The Weather widget will then return a Forecast for that Longitude and Latitude location, which should be accurate.

You can alternatively set a Default Longitude and Latitude in the Settings option for your CMS, under the Displays tab. If you do not tick the Use the Display Location option in your Weather Widget, the Widget should instead use the Default Longitude and Latitude set in the CMS Settings.

Many Thanks.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your response , but i tought that xibo was detecting the location of the player automaticly

i have another question about the weather , what if i want to change the weather icons that comes from darksky ? is it to possible to do that ? or i have to change the url from darksky to another url (like yahoo …etc) (excuse my english )